Eating too much

Options
2»

Replies

• chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am nearly a month in and have to say I really struggled with hunger at first but it's getting easier. Water is my answer to you...a lot of it. When you feel hungry just start drinking water and then maybe after dinner go for a walk? not a long walk just away from the food, into the garden or something. SO you don't have to smell it or look at it? It's helped me a LOT actually. I think I'm still hungry but after moving around a bit I feel fuller.

I completely agree water is a major key and for me the 1st month was the hardest so far (I almost lost it because I felt hungry one day) I am now down to about 1800 calories a day. I would also suggest more fiber it helped me feel full. I like to try and drink a large glass of water 10 minutes or more before a meal. Filling up with water before the meal helps me eat less and feel full, the time before a meal seems to help me.
  • jamiemommy
    jamiemommy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am nearly a month in and have to say I really struggled with hunger at first but it's getting easier. Water is my answer to you...a lot of it. When you feel hungry just start drinking water and then maybe after dinner go for a walk? not a long walk just away from the food, into the garden or something. SO you don't have to smell it or look at it? It's helped me a LOT actually. I think I'm still hungry but after moving around a bit I feel fuller.

I completely agree water is a major key and for me the 1st month was the hardest so far (I almost lost it because I felt hungry one day) I am now down to about 1800 calories a day. I would also suggest more fiber it helped me feel full. I like to try and drink a large glass of water 10 minutes or more before a meal. Filling up with water before the meal helps me eat less and feel full, the time before a meal seems to help me.

oooh water before a meal! that is a great idea! I'll be giving this a go! my calories just went down by 40 and I struggled for a few days. thanks for advice!
  • 123buzzzybee
    123buzzzybee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips. So my food is pretty clean. Zero fast food, home made everything, lots of veggies, fruits, lean meat, Greek yogurt, eggs, protein shakes, raw almonds and tuna. If I want a treat, I'll have a sugar free hard candy or a tiny scoop of ice cream. I don't drink soda or juice and don't have any junk in the house (cookies, chips, ect.). I have been drinking a lot of water. I drink so much that my tummy hurts a bit and I pee every 15-30 minutes. MFP says I should eat 1270 a day to lose 2 lbs a week and this is what I want to accomplish. My problem is that my body is hungrier for more calories. I want to eat more than that, so I was hoping for tips to curb hunger. I'll try to include more protein, water and more frequent snacking to help me. I am hoping it get easier with time. Happy Losing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is too much. 1 lb is the best way, you can eat more calories, you don't starve yourself, and it's just much easier to sustain long term. AND you have to eat your exercise calories back.

Also add 300 calories for breastfeeding every day (I think there's an entry for that somewhere).