High 5 to the working parents losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'll accept your high five. I think i have the neediest family in the world.Two preteen boys that still need to be reminded to wash. A baby, who loves me to a point of silly and a husband that is still getting used to the blended family thing. I feel like a referee, a coach, the waterboy and the crowd in the grandstands. SOMEHOW i force a little time to exercise, and somehow even more i keep my food in check. Oh I'm also a part time student on top of work and family.

claps to everyone doing it too
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I work full time, and get home around 7pm most nights. I've lost 45lbs! With a 5 year and 1 year old little girl. :) I exercise when they're in bed. Being a parent is amazing, and losing weight is amazing as well. :-D
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for BBQ's is what I say :p
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it high 5 to you too! I work 8.5 hours a day and commute 45 mins to work and in the evening when I pick up my kids it takes us a full 1.5 hours to get home. Still gotta take care of them (5 and 8 months) dinner my house and workout. It is exhausting but it makes you really love the weekends!! Well Sunday anyway. I usually spend Saturday deep cleaning my house since I don't have another opportunity. Gotta love being the mama and the bread winner!
    This (except just one kid age 2), here as well!! It is super challenging but I want my daughter to grow up remembering her mama as being active and fit. When you work 8+ hours a day, commute another 2 1/2-3, and then still have to cook, clean, care for the pets, and find time to actually HANG OUT with your child AND work out...it's a lot to juggle, but it can be done. I am very lucky to have a husband who helps out a ton. I really don't know how a single parent gets it all done...they are the real heroes!!!