Help! Binge eating

Options
i restrict myself pretty well in the mornings and afternoons but when it comes to night time, I got so hungry that I binge :( it is still within my calorie goal of 1200 though. Any take on binge eating especially at night ?

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    That calorie goal is a minimum. You aren't binge eating, but that you think you are is highly concerning and I would very much recommend you speak to someone for some help. http://www.edreferral.com/
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Binge eating for me is eating my calories for the day and then not stopping, in fact hoovering up anything else that looks good, usually high fats, "junk" food or chocolate /sweets, just because it tastes so good, not because I have any hunger. You are not binge eating.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eating within your goal is not binge eating. Eat more during the day so it doesn't happen, or raise your goal as 1200 is too low for many people.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I do this too, I get in and feel tired and low energy so start snacking then before I know I to have no cals left to eat my nutritious planned dinner so I snack what ever cals that are left in my allowance. All too often I don't stop there and recently have been found standing at the cupboard eating everything that's even vaguely treat food until I finally feel satisfied. Beginning to realise low cal dieting and poor planning can lead to disordered eating if you're not careful.
  • Rickymfp
    Rickymfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have just started and before had the same problem. For me I wouldn't eat much during the day, I would miss breakfast etc. then binge closer to midnight because I was so hungry. Since starting my road to a healthier lifestyle. I eat breakfast then a snack then lunch then a snack then dinner and a very light snack after. So eating 6 times a day keeping my metabolism working and not getting super hungry to the point I have to binge late at night. Also drinking more water will help keep the hunger at bay. I drink around 2-3 litres a day. Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Ricky
  • rejs1170
    rejs1170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Firstly, it is only the total calories which matter, and at 1200 calories you would not be meeting your base metabolic rate, so you are losing weight, perhaps to quickly. I used to diet all day, then blow it by drinking beer and eating a family size packet of chips as I was so hungry. One I started eating a good breakfast (including eggs for protein), a modest lunch, snacked on celery, carrots, cucumber, capicium (all cut up into sticks) whenever I felt hungry, then ate a protein and vegy rich dinner, my cravings have generally been under control (except when there is pavlova and cream on offer!). Also, as per Ricky, I drink heaps of water (a fair bit in coffee though) during the day. I am losing weight at a comfortable pace, and not stressing about it, which makes me less likely to comfort eat. I also allow myself one dessert pig out per week guilt free, which even though may be 1000 calories over my daily goal, I have earned through doing 1300 calories of exercise through the week.

Good luck with your program, and don't beat yourself up too much.
  • cassandralepandaa
    cassandralepandaa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just had a little episode myself of binging.

I'm with you. Don't worry. Tomorrow is a new day. :)