4 stone to lose!

Options
4stonemfp
4stonemfp Posts: 2 Member
Hello I've just signed up on a mission to lose 4 stone! I signed up to slimming world a month ago but I couldn't get on with it..,I don't really like cooking and a lot of things had to be done from scratch! I only lost 3 pounds in a month it was too restrictive for me!
Question is can I eat what I want aslong as it is in my calorie allowance? I eat healthily anyway on a day to day but a massive binge eater that I do need to sort out! Any tips would be helpful to get started please

Replies

• lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat what you want if you stay within your budget. BUT... You need to pay some attention to the mix of you macro nutrients (Fat, Carbs, Protein). If you hate cooking you are going to find that it's harder to stay on budget, as how factories cook food is beneficial to them, and not necessarily beneficial to you. For example they use a lot more fat and sodium than you would. Protein is expensive for them, so you wont get as much as you need. So be selective in what you eat and pay attention to those macros. Also some people lose weight faster by keeping carbs or fat lower than the average person. after you've tracked your food for a while try a week where you lower Carbs by 5-10% and raise Protein. See if you lose faster, if not try lowering fat 5-10%. Thats the Beauty of MFP, your not guessing, your taking data and making informed decisions. Have a binge day? No problem happens to the best of us... BUT LOG IT. Then when your weight goes up... you'll have data as to why ;-)

3lbs in a month is not a bad number. 1lbs a week is really a good goal, and at 3 in 4 weeks you were close to that.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is good, it's progress, as long as you are keeping your calories where they should be and also watch your carbs, fats, etc.. you can eat pretty much eat anything, but the cleaner you eat, the more you can eat. You don't like to cook, just make healthier choices and move (exercise) keep in mind if you are eating premade food and take out a lot, you won't lose as much weight as you would by eating clean and making it yourself. Just be real with yourself and if you are losing 3 lbs a month that is great, it's better than gaining 3 lbs a month. you can add me if you would like.
  • 4stonemfp
    4stonemfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I don't eat take outs really I make food at home but would like the option to just have a sandwich or a ready meal if I'm in a rush. Have what I want at a restaurant not just jacket potatoes with no dressing!