My Introduction

Options
My name is Roger and I work for a neutraceutical company as a web developer. After working and sitting in my comfy chair, the weight started to tack on. In 3 years I went from 169 Pounds to 220 Pounds. I am here at myFitnessPal to log my food intake and to hopefully get encouragement and accountability in my journey to kick the weight, to get more energy, and to lead a healthier more enjoyful life.

I have been on myFitnessPal for about week and it has been a huge help and I've already lost 2 pounds!

Feel free to add me as your friend so we may journey together. :)

-roger

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your loss! I have been here a couple weeks and I really love it here!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you're here, welcome to MFP:drinker: YAY! on already dropping 2 lbs., that's terrific.:happy:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Thanks Allibaba, that is great to hear!! :)
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Hey Roger,
    Glad you're here, welcome to MFP:drinker: YAY! on already dropping 2 lbs., that's terrific.:happy:

Becca:flowerforyou:

Thanks Becca :)
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    Hey Roger :flowerforyou:

Thank you for adding me as a friend, way to go on the 2lb in one week!

Good luck to you on this week.

Cheers!
    Emme :drinker:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hey Roger! Welcome and congrats on the 2lb loss! MFP is a great place full of (mostly) great advice and members!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!!! Friend request sent!! Congrats on your weight loss and you WILL reach your goals!!!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place and so quickly you are doing fantastic!!!! Welcome and best wishes to you!!!
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome!!! :)

-roger
  • christastevenson
    Options
    Welcome! I am too new on here. I just joined up today. I am at 144 lbs. 5 foot 7 and I want to lose 15 lbs. I am hoping I am able to start eating better, that is the hardest part for me!

Christa
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Roger,
    I've been using MFP for about 6 or 7 weeks now and it has been great for making me more conscious of what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising; both help me to stay on track. The people here are so supportive and it really helps. Good luck with your fitness goals.
    Shari
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Hi Roger,
    I've been using MFP for about 6 or 7 weeks now and it has been great for making me more conscious of what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising; both help me to stay on track. The people here are so supportive and it really helps. Good luck with your fitness goals.
    Shari

Hi Shari,

Great to hear that! One of the things for me has been lack of support and accountability. It sounds like I am in the right place. :)
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Welcome! I am too new on here. I just joined up today. I am at 144 lbs. 5 foot 7 and I want to lose 15 lbs. I am hoping I am able to start eating better, that is the hardest part for me!

Christa

Hi Christa. Welcome!!! :) Definitely eating has been the hardest part for me as well. I've never really thought about counting calories before until a trainer at Pure Fitness recommended it to me. This last week I counted every calorie which helped me to lose 2 pounds last week. We can do this!!!!