Get a scale

Options
sb_fit_
sb_fit_ Posts: 13 Member
when i first started mfp and traking what i eat, it was a little challenge. I used to measure my food with measuring cups. I recommend that you invest in a scale. It helps alot, trust me. The reasom why insay this is because a scale is more accurate then using measuring cups. Hope the tip helps you guys

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I agree! I see countless threads about people claiming that they are eating at a deficit and not losing. But then they admit to not using a food scale to weigh their foods!! They have no idea how much easier it could've been if they would've just gotten a food scale from the start.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love my scale, take it everywhere..
  • happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll second using a scale. I use my scale every day & at every meal when I'm home.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I started off with a spring scale from Weight Watchers but last Christmas asked my sister for http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Stainless-Pull-Out-Display/dp/B000WJMTNA/ref=sr_1_1 which was recommended by America's Test Kitchen. I love it! Being able to zero out the scale is wonderful. It also switches between ounces and grams.

I used to do volunteer work in a kitchen and the baker used a scale to measure things - I see why now - it's quick and accurate.

The one I have weighs up to 11 pounds; there are cheaper ones by the same company that go to 5 #.

I keep the spring scale at my mother's now.