Introducing myself finally. ;)

Options
Sara1978
Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
I thought I should introduce myself. I've been here about five weeks now, have made a couple message board posts, but never formally said hi... so...

Hi!

My name's Sara. I'm 31 years old, 5'3", and when I started on here a few weeks ago, I was at 148lbs. I'm now at 142, so I feel as though things are going great. I'm a pretty active person with a job that keeps me on my feet most of the day (I'm a nurse at a veterinary hospital), but I do LOVE to eat, and most of my friends are guys so they can put away massive quantities of food-- when I'm hanging out with them, I find myself sorely tempted to jump on the soda / chips / ice cream bandwagon while we're hanging out playing video games and things like that. Being on this site has really helped me realize just how much less I need than what I was eating before. It's also invigorated my interest in cooking more, oddly enough-- it's a great challenge trying to come up with something healthy that my husband won't grumble about.

Great to meet everyone!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck to you and your husband :)
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too (just started today!) Good luck to both of us :drinker:

Cheers!
    Emme
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are doing great so far!!!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sara. I seem to have the same problem as you do with the friends :P.
  • jlnagel
    jlnagel Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Sara! I started about 6 weeks ago! We seem to have a lot of things in common. :wink: We are both 31 year old females and are 5' 3". I began at 143 lbs. now I am at about 133, and my goal is 120 by August (brother's wedding)... so so far so good! I have two children, ages 7 and 10 and a wonderful husband (who is also trying to get in better shape!) I LOVE food, especially pasta chicken wings, & cheese! I just wanted to say "Good Luck" reaching your goals! - Jennifer
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. :)