fitbit

I have been looking into getting a fitbit. Is it even worth it? If so, which one would you recommend?

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    I have the Vivosmart, I love it. It vibrates at me when I haven't moved in awhile, is waterproof upto 5atm, shoes me calories burned/steps taken (steps left till goal as well) controls my music of my phone and shows me updates from my phone (Get snap chats, someone messages me on MFP, phone calls etc) it also tracks my sleet.. This thing is a wonder! I love it.
  • meghanrushman
    meghanrushman Posts: 24 Member
    Where did you get it from. ..how much was it?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You'll really need to be slightly familiar with the features of the different models - and then have an idea of what you need it for - to have any decent suggestions that will useful to you.

Otherwise I could just say I like the Zip just fine - you should get that. It helps me not have too large a deficit when training, and negatively impacting my performance.

To get familiar
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/activity-monitors
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    I got mine from Amazon. it cost $269 after all was said and done CAD To me, it was well worth it. But what Haybales said, yes check them all out and find one that fits whatyou need and nothing more
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • meghanrushman
    It's the zip a wrist band or something you carry?

• editorgrrl
    You clip the Zip to your bra or pocket.
  • meghanrushman
    And u like it the best? Does it track sleep too? Where did u get it and how much?
  • editorgrrl
    Which Fitbit you get is entirely a matter of personal preference. I could never get a clip-on—I just know I'd forget to wear it, and/or put it in the laundry. But some people can't wear a wristband at work.
  • meghanrushman
    So which one do u have
  • editorgrrl
    I had a Flex for almost two years. I recently upgraded to the Charge HR—because it has a heart rate monitor, it has a secure buckle (like a watch) and a display, and because it comes in purple.

As I said above, it's entirely a matter of personal preference. They all show you your TDEE, and some track your sleep.
  • heybales
    Have you used the power of Google yet to look up these items to see how much they currently cost and possibly where you could fine them locally?

I mean, the info is already there - and your local prices could easily vary from our local prices, since you may have no idea where we are. Or we had a sale price years ago (I know in my case either on sale or a coupon) but that is the current normal price now.
    Because I don't remember where I got it 2 yrs ago and for how much, and I'm not going to go look it up.

I gotta be honest - if you have difficulty finding such info, I know from experience you are likely to be lost in actually trying to use it, especially together with MFP.
  • heybales
    Sorry, I just noticed that you did not use the link that was already provided to know what a Zip was, and the questions about price and where to buy sounded like you hadn't looked anything up yet on your own.

And read the Fitbit forums enough and you'll discover that those with the most issues figuring something out are those that don't use already available resources to increase their knowledge to figure those things out.

Just putting 2 and 2 together.