Meal Prep

fit_kay
fit_kay Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
What are some methods to make mealprepping easier? Please give me some tips! :)

Replies

• brockbennett1981
    brockbennett1981 Posts: 187 Member
    I cut all my meats and weigh most of my food and put in bags on sunday for the week, that way everything is rrady and can just cook or grab snacks
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I enjoy cooking, but don't always have time, so I try to make eating healthy as easy and convenient as possible. Cook big dishes, break them down into servings, freeze.

CrockPots are great for this. Lots of healthy recipes abound.

I buy a lot of things in individual serving sizes, like boxes of 100 calorie guacamole or hummus packs, little cheese medallions, and especially desserts. That makes it easy to stop at the right amount instead of eating a whole bowl.

Big bags of stuff like chips get broken down into individual servings with ziploc bags and digital scales. That way I can just grab a bag when I'm hungry instead of grabbing the whole package.

Look at the nutritional info for the places you usually go out to eat, and have an arsenal of pre-selected stuff to choose from that you know you can easily fit into your day. That way if you are dragged out by a friend or mate, you won't be caught off guard.
  • Effumandshine
    Effumandshine Posts: 101 Member
    mason jar salads!
  • Endomorphin_Man
    Endomorphin_Man Posts: 11 Member
    I basically always have something marinating in the fridge (mostly chicken). When I'm bulk prepping proteins there is always something else to replace it in the fridge that is prepping.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    TIME. I just did it yesterday, and it took about 3-4 hours! However, now I can just go into the fridge and grab my meal.. its awesome! Yes to containers. It definitely opens your eyes to portion control.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    When you get home from buying food, wash all of your produce. Cut up the produce that needs cutting (dice onions, carrots, celery for soups, casseroles or stir fries or cut up vegetable sticks for snacking, for example). Cut your meat into portions, put in ziploc bags and freeze. If you're planning to season or marinate any of the meat, put the seasonings in the baggie. If you're planning to eat any dried legumes, soak or sprout a large quantity, then cook them and freeze usable portion sizes. Cook rice, quinoa, etc and put portion sizes into ziploc bags and freeze.