Doing it (mostly) alone

hi everyone
I'm a 36 yr old SAHM to a wonderful 7 year old boy and a gorgeous 4 year old girl.
I'm married to an amazing man who sacrifices much by working in another country so that we may live well here. The last four years or so he has been on a 10 on /3 off contract (that's 10 weeks there and 3 weeks home with us).
I'm not going to lie to you, it's been a challenge and my eating habits have taken a knock. Moving to where he is isn't an option, he's a contractor and while the last four years have happened to be in the same place, it's not always a given. He has employment until August and after that hopes to start a business here.
I've been using MFP on and off so haven't gained anything but with my erratic food choices I haven't lost much either.
I'm currently 85kg (around 185lb) , 162 cm tall (5'3") and my goal weight is 60-65kg (132-143lb). I use a Misfit Fitness tracker and intend adding a bit of Zumba, yoga, walking and some body strength training .
During a bit of a down period last month I made the mistake of deleting my account , but am back now , and am looking for friends who wish to give and receive support in this journey of ours.

Heidi

Replies

• thinkofsomethingnew
    thinkofsomethingnew Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Heidi. I am on a similar journey as you! My husband is a musician and working on a PhD. I started with MFP when I was 84kg a year ago and have made it to 68 so far. Kids can make it feel difficult, focusing on yourself makes it feel like we aren't focusing on our kids!

I'd be happy to help you if you wish. I don't have magic answers, I can listen. I too am doing this alone. No one to judge me, but no one to say "well done" either!

Marg
  • AuntieCeeCee
    AuntieCeeCee Posts: 22 Member
    Hey! My husband is an overnight nurse at a hospital and I'm a SAHM to 3 kids (2 still not in school). He works usually weeks straight and gets up just as the kids are going to bed. If you want some support, add me.