Dream Goals? (not fitness related)

Options
rebbylicious
rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
As I get in the groove of counting calories and finding time for fitness I noticed some of the work I do for my future long term goal gets put in the back burner. I am sure it will become more of a habit and will change and feel more normal eventually. (and it is starting to a little bit finally)

I would love to hear everyone's Life goals/ career dreams etc. ??

For me, I am a potter and I would love to be good enough to make a regular full time income from it. It would be amazing to be featured in an art museum. I know that with pottery, it is extremely rare to be that good. We do it for the love of doing it not for the money. But It would be nice to never punch a clock and just play with clay all day.

I am a stay at home mom currently and if the pottery doesn't kick up I will go to school for psychology and hopefully become a therapist.

Replies

• rebbylicious
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mum now and am back at University to study Computing Science. My goal would be to branch out my modules and further study artificial intelligence, something I have always be intrigued by. I'd like to be able to use my skills to emigrate to another country.

Another dream of mine would be to own a 1959 Cadillac and cage dive with Great Whites.

The cage dive sounds fun!! (have you seen the footage of the one who got in the cage?)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a big gamer, I play video games, a lot. I'm as nerdy as it can get. And it would be amazing if I could make living on it. I started like a year ago for fun on Youtube and lately got a small "job" at gaming media website. If it keeps growing at rate it does now it might happen in next 2 - 5, or so years, hopefully. Ultimately I would love to end up as an owner of huge gaming based company, hopefully in next 20 - 30 years. But that's just huge nerdy dream of mine, have to focus on small things first.

If it ain't gonna work I will probably work as a personal trainer at some gym or something since now I study at collage in that field. Maybe open my own small gym at future. ^^

I enjoy working and interacting with people and in both of those things above that's an important factor. I was thinking about psychology too but I could not handle sitting in office whole day... would kill me. :/
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    honestly my goal is to just let go

To live anywhere in the world I haven't been before
    To own a house
    To rescue a pom, or any dog for that matter
    To carry a child in my womb
    To raise a child
    To be fit, without urges of being fat again
    To wake up next to my soon to be husband everyday
    To sleep under the starts again, and again
    To go camping in the mountains someplace
    To successfully grow my own garden again
    To go snorkelling in Cuba!
    etc. etc. etc.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    As I get in the groove of counting calories and finding time for fitness I noticed some of the work I do for my future long term goal gets put in the back burner. I am sure it will become more of a habit and will change and feel more normal eventually. (and it is starting to a little bit finally)

I would love to hear everyone's Life goals/ career dreams etc. ??

For me, I am a potter and I would love to be good enough to make a regular full time income from it. It would be amazing to be featured in an art museum. I know that with pottery, it is extremely rare to be that good. We do it for the love of doing it not for the money. But It would be nice to never punch a clock and just play with clay all day.

I am a stay at home mom currently and if the pottery doesn't kick up I will go to school for psychology and hopefully become a therapist.

That's an awesome goal! :smile:

Right now, I'm a nurse working on the mother/baby unit. But I have attended homebirths with a couple of my midwife friends, and one of these days, I want to be a midwife, too. And an herbalist!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mum now and am back at University to study Computing Science. My goal would be to branch out my modules and further study artificial intelligence, something I have always be intrigued by. I'd like to be able to use my skills to emigrate to another country.

Another dream of mine would be to own a 1959 Cadillac and cage dive with Great Whites.

cage diving with great whites is scary as hell, lol
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    To be a successful photographer... I went to college, spent in total 40 grand, stayed at the top of my class, and now no one knows I exist. So my goal is to get my name out their enough to actually put my hard work to use :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal is that I continue to grwo and learn in life. There are many things I can imagine myself doing, like teaching kids health or tennis, doing leadership facilitating on a larger scale, or any number of things. But what is really important to me is exploring everything my mind is interested in. Somewhat of a high level view than specifics.
  • rebbylicious
    Options
    These are all amazing goals! <3

Celtbelle- Did you cage dive with sharks?