Thoughts on portion sizes?

Options
2»

Replies

• inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You should base your portions on how many calories u need to be eating a day. I'm tryin to lose weight so my daily calorie goal is 1800. It also depends on the intensity of your exercises if u are doing that. I eat every 2-3 hours, regardless if I actually feel hungry. I drink a ton of water so sometimes I may not feel that hungry when I eat but fueling your body with small portions every few hours is best for me because it helps with feeling satisfied and prevents overeating. Eating every few hours also helps speed up the metabolism. It's like adding wood to a burning fire every few hours, it continues to burn. Going several hours without eating causes your blood sugar to drop and then when u finally do eat, your blood sugar spikes. When your blood sugar spikes that causes excess insulin in your blood which causes your body to store fat more easily. Not good! Especially for me because I'm trying to lose a lot of weight...You shouldn't wait until your stomach growls for food to eat. That's all bad!!!
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Roboticist wrote: »
    Hi MFP!

Was wondering if you guys had an average portion size for your meals - how do you dictate how much to eat when preparing food? Another question I want to shoehorn here: Is there really a need to eat (as school/work breaks would dictate) if you aren't feeling hungry? I know this supposedly kills the metabolism but I also don't see why it would be necessary to eat until the body calls for it.

No, in old times we were farmers and hunters, we worked from the very dawn for getting food, it is obvious that lunch came good, if you don't feel hungry then don't eat, it's just an stupid myth, calories are calories no matter what.