Food ideas

Options
what kinds of foods are good to eat to lose weight as I really struggle to loss weight. Thanks :(

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    LESS!
    There is no magically food, it's all about CICO.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    True, CICO is the real answer. That said, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables so I can get more volume for less calories. With meat and bread, I eat whatever I like but use my food scale and exercise portion control.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Less is correct BUT I personally find fiber pus foods to be quite filling. I made black beans in the slow cooker, and for 200kcal I get a TON!

Meats too help. 150kcal of grilled chicken helps make a satisfying salad.

I'm also a fan of substitutes because I like eating quantity. Spiralized zucchini cooked with 0kcal Pam and smothered with clam sauce? I can eat BOWLS and never hit 400kcal.

Good luck!
  • ashleymcl665
    ashleymcl665 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    This week I lost weight after having eaten pizza, ice cream and fried chicken with french fries from Popeye's as well as finishing my week off with a Margarita.

It's not so much what you eat as how much. Really it's true. Get a food scale and track everything. Stick to the goals MFP sets for you and the weight will come off.
  • ashleymcl665
    ashleymcl665 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your comment :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food you like and eating at a moderate calorie deficit. That's all you need for weight loss.

For health, satiety, energy and overall wellbeing, eat a varied diet containing food from all food groups every day: Grains, potatoes; meat, fish, eggs; dairy; nuts; vegetables; fruit; butter and oil.