Before pics

Options
martin_leeann
martin_leeann Posts: 46 Member
I haven't taken a pic that shows anything lower than the neck in a long time. Looking at these pics brings tears to my eyes and I ask myself, "how did I let myself get to this point!" I turn 39 next Wednesday, 5/20 and I'm believing this is going to be my year of change. I struggle with a panic disorder as well as depression at times. Living in fear, sadness, guilt, and shame is not the life God intends for me or you to live. I can do this! You can do this! Believe in yourself and each other ❤️tcy4eip8mlbd.jpg
8zzzydsec6zr.jpg
vgrs5kzvbetc.jpg
v0fcxqssbx2h.jpg

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hey, I didn’t even have the courage to take before pics! You’re right on track to getting back to where you want to be: take it slow, stick to the program, don’t beat yourself up for less-than-great days, and you will see results :smile: I wish you all the best!
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    Thank you @Emilia777 Good luck to you too!!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm really proud of you for this and I don't even know you. Most people wouldn't even do this. I know you'll do great and hit your goal in no time. Rooting for you!
  • kgullison
    kgullison Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was empowered by your post! I have a similar body and feel the same as you! We are similar age, I am 43, and maybe we can help motivate each other!
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    Thank you @Trueray I appreciate it
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    @kgullison thanks honey! I sent you a friend request!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    That takes courage, more than I have. Speaks well to your future success. Keep us posted! If you want to add me please do. I will read your diary and help where I can.
  • pmk1969
    pmk1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow how awesome...I have hidden from a Camera for 10 years now. Seriously my 12 year old son always says nobody would know he even has a Mother anymore because even my Facebook profile Pic is me holding him at 2 years old. Your confidence is inspiring...really it is...You will have great success!!!
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!
  • missindependent633
    missindependent633 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow you goooo girl !! I started at 16st 7 back in 2012 - dropped to 11st 4 ... Im now back at 14st & im trying to get back on my fitness journey to reach my target of 11st again !! You're beautiful though dont ever let anyone tell you otherwise!!!
  • gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey, you have so much courage facing your fears the way you have, well done you and I wish you so much luck. I'm nearly 36 and hate what I see in the mirror.. So I'm going to try and turn it around starting from today. Feel free to add me, I could to with some motivation buddy's myself x
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    You 2 ladies are fabulous!!! Thank ya'll so much!!!
  • TylerNorris57
    TylerNorris57 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing in the before pics
  • martin_leeann
    Options
    That's sweet of you to say @TylerNorris57 Thank you ☺️
  • TylerNorris57
    TylerNorris57 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    no problem glad I made your day!
  • thomasvega_tv
    thomasvega_tv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You absolutely rock @martin_leeann... that is so damn brave... I have my b4s but I only have shown them twice and privately at that... you are an inspiration.

• martin_leeann
    Options
    @thomasvega_tv thank you honey! Add me if you'd like. I don't know about an inspiration...but I felt it was something I needed to do.
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of hating to look in the mirror because I see someone disgusting to look at. I have felt that way for years now.

It has a lot to do with how I used to look and how far I have fallen off. My wife tried to tell me for years that she thought I was still handsome, but I just didn't/ couldn't/ wouldn't believe her.

In 30 days a promising amount of weight has come off, and I definitely see a difference in the mirror, but I am definitely getting greedy for more. The original goal was 22 lbs, but now that I am making progress I want to go way beyond that number. Am I setting myself up for failure? Hard to tell at this point. I just know I like the little change I have seen and now want to see big change.

Having said all that, let me say this: your pics do not show an ugly fat pig, they show a pretty woman who has maybe put on a few pounds. Only you know how different you look from before, so to you, by way of contrast, it may look like you let yourself go. I am simply trying to tell you that body image can be a cruel and unforgiving taskmaster, and you may want to go a LOT easier on yourself instead of listening to the voice in your head that wants you to vomit when you look in the mirror now.

By all means, use the app, hit the gym, watch your macros, and rejoice when you see progress. I am sure you have decided on a sane and healthy final weight goal, and I hope you get there. Just don't get your self worth from how you look. Get it from how you feel.

• martin_leeann
    Options
    Thank you @dalansteiner I wish you all the best on your fitness journey.
  • Megandarae
    Megandarae Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 soon, too! Your before pics are very similar to mine. I'm getting back on the wagon after gaining back the 30 lbs I previously lost using MFP. I'm very disappointed in myself but I'm determined. We can do this!!!