Walking

I have walked on the treadmill for 6 years and still and going strong. I have added excerise most ever day except Sunday. I love it!!!

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    walking is a very under rated exercise! It's not often I'll do it on the treadmill, I prefer to get out when I do. Plus, that way, when I'm tired I still have to walk back!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    It's even better when you do it on a nature trail, park, beach, etc.
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Today we walked...2 blocks and found this: fcwc0eip4ye8.jpg
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Florida?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    The longest I can last on a treadmill is maybe 30 minutes.
    Whereas if I'm outside, I can keeping walking and walking, it just doesn't seem like a chore when I'm outside
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Bobbie63 wrote: »
    Today we walked...2 blocks and found this: fcwc0eip4ye8.jpg
    I used to see a little one that hung out in a canal under an overpass in Miami. Be careful. :) Cool picture.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Walking is a terrific overall exercise. The key is to take long walks and try to keep the pace reasonably brisk. Do that, and you get many of the same benefits as running without the joint wear and other issues. Walking after strength training is a great way to keep that blood flowing and feed those muscles you just worked!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    The longest I can last on a treadmill is maybe 30 minutes.
    Whereas if I'm outside, I can keeping walking and walking, it just doesn't seem like a chore when I'm outside
    I can only go 20 minutes. Walking and running through the park is so much more enjoyable.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I just got back from a 4 mile brisk walk. I LOVE walking especially on a beautiful night like tonight. It energizes me and feels great.

I enjoy doing intervals. Start off walking at a normal pace, kick it up a notch for about 1/2 mile, walk as fast as I can for the next 1/2 mile (and I can speeeeed walk), bring down again and repeat. I get my heart rate up there too.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I hit the trails in my part of the state. Lots of state, county, and city parks and recreation trails to walk, some of which can be challenging. I have had a chance to get to know my area so much better than I ever did. Many of the trails even allow snowshoeing in winter (others only allow x-country skiing). I have even gotten to know my neighborhood better and now know where spearmint, catnip, raspberries, and really nice pine and spruce cones are.