Best time to work out?

Options
Is it better to work out in the morning (before I go to work) or afternoon (after work)?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. What do you think? It's personal preference.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Best time is the time you are most likely to do it, followed by the time when you have the most energy.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    When are you going to be more consistent? That's when you should go.
  • sebhome
    sebhome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work out before work every day for 30-40 mins. To much stuff goes on after work with family and kids for me to do it in the afternoon. Its all about fitting it into your weekly routine.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    When you have the energy to do it that's the time. There are studies that indicate afternoon for weights and mornings for cardio - but really it's all dependent on energy, stamina, and recovery.
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There's no right answer. Whenever is a good time for you. When I used to get home from work at 7pm, I would do it then. Now that I go in later but get home at 9pm, I wake up before work and do it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    The best time is when you actually have the time that is needed to complete the exercise that you want to do. I work out at all different times of the day depending on my work schedule and kids/hubby schedule as well.