Busting Belly Flab help!

Options
i seem to be losing weight everywhere except the place I need it most! My belly! What are some good exercises to help with this?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Body fat is gained and lost in a pattern determined by your genetics. For most people, the belly is the last to go.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ah well that sucks. So cardio is my best bet then? My thighs have lost 2 inches ready but my belly is being stubborn.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. If you're losing fat, it has to come off eventually.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Cardio burns calories. As does any physical activity. Calorie deficit is what's needed to lose body fat and one doesn't need exercise to achieve it. Exercise is for fitness and health.
    As mentioned, genetics will determine how you lose body fat regardless of what approach you take.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • suke28
    suke28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. If you're losing fat, it has to come off eventually.

this
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have Lupus and Arthritis so exercising can be tough for me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Body fat is gained and lost in a pattern determined by your genetics. For most people, the belly is the last to go.

True.
    NerdyNix wrote: »
    Ah well that sucks.

Yep, it does.