26 year old mom of three - looking for some support

Options
Hey everyone, I have 2 adopted kids and 1 of my own. The littlest is a almost two and i have used having her as an exuse to gain weight. That blame game is now over and I have lost 10 pounds so far. Its super hard to stop eating at night and having th support at home but im determined. I only use my phone to add what I eat but if you write me ill get back to you asap. :)

Replies

• j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. I have just a 2 year old daughter and she certainly keeps me active. Apparently not enough to lose weight. Sounds like you suffer from night snacking like myself. After my daughter goes to bed, I just feel like I have the freedom to finally relax and sit down, which used to result in eating more from dinner or snacking. Not so good. I've been on MFP since mid-may. Wishing you lots of success!
  • Slickchick050
    Slickchick050 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, snacking at night is a killer!! i cant help it, my husband LOVES to eat at night while he watches TV and when i want to spend "adult time" with him when the kids go to bed - he eats and i cant resist. This MFP has helped me so much. Its my exuse not to eat. I usually say no sorry hunn I dont have enough calories for that. I think thats how I lost the first 10 pounds. It gets super hard to say no though. What do you do to excersize? like how do you find the time?
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Even last night, I was up pretty late (11:30) just to give myself time to relax and watch some HGTV. My husband came in and was eating frozen burritos even though we had a pretty filling dinner at 7. He asked me if I want anything as a snack and I had to re-explain that I can't do that anymore. At dinner as well, he got me a soda without asking and I explained that I really didn't want to drink 140 calories. MFP is amazing because it creates honesty to yourself and friends on here.

As for exercising, here is my schedule: I generally work 8-5. I come home, try and walk the dog if its not 100+ degrees outside for about 20 min, then have dinner at 6. After dinner, I spend the next hour to hour and a half cleaning (I also log this as exercise but only 200 calories even though it burns much more). By that time it's around 7:30 or 8. I tell my daughter, we're going to go downstairs and exercise. I start with my dive bomber push ups, weight lifting for about 15 minutes, then do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred with my daughter. She is 2 so jumping around and such for 25 minutes is so easy for her, which keeps me motivated to keep up. After that, she goes off to bed and I either get on the elliptical or just fall over.