karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    JTB51 wrote: »
    Everyone still going strong?

You betcha!!! Week 1 in the books...
  • havanese1049
    havanese1049 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I've seen the advertising for this program. It looks intense, but is there anyone over 50 who has tried this & been successful? I'm in average shape for a 50+ just wondering. ...
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    I
    Hey I've seen the advertising for this program. It looks intense, but is there anyone over 50 who has tried this & been successful? I'm in average shape for a 50+ just wondering. ...

It's intense.. However there is a modifier for each workout.. But most certainly you can do it!
  • cgmartin
    cgmartin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going strong. First week is down. Taking the rest day today.

My first time doing P90X3 earlier this year I told myself just to get through the first week. After the first week I was so sore and wrecked that I wasn't sure I could make it. A friend who had done P90X before told me that 90% of those who quit do it within the first 3 weeks, so if you can make it 3 weeks you can make it the whole way. I don't know how factual this is, but it worked for me and helped me push through. After 3 weeks I was much less sore and not as out of breath, and I felt confident that I could finish. Just keep showing up and do what you can, you'll surprise yourself. Each day is a little investment into your strength and well being for future workouts.
  • cgmartin
    cgmartin Posts: 13 Member
    Options

FWIW, Tony Horton, the guy who leads the P90X3 workouts was in his early 50's. He's in crazy shape, though. I'm not in my 50's yet, but like @karibeargirl mentioned you can modify the workouts. I was completely out of shape, went from not working out for 20 years to doing this. Did what I could and modified with bands, knee pushups, etc. and didn't incur any injuries. Feeling much stronger now.
  • JTB51
    JTB51 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I just saw on face book the resukts of someone in their 60s, completing P90X.
    So it is possible, but it will depend on your current physical condition. If it is too intense, check out P90. That is a program designed to get those who aren't in as good shape.
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    cgmartin wrote: »
    Going strong. First week is down. Taking the rest day today.

My first time doing P90X3 earlier this year I told myself just to get through the first week. After the first week I was so sore and wrecked that I wasn't sure I could make it. A friend who had done P90X before told me that 90% of those who quit do it within the first 3 weeks, so if you can make it 3 weeks you can make it the whole way. I don't know how factual this is, but it worked for me and helped me push through. After 3 weeks I was much less sore and not as out of breath, and I felt confident that I could finish. Just keep showing up and do what you can, you'll surprise yourself. Each day is a little investment into your strength and well being for future workouts.

I'm so very proud of you!!! You've done outstanding with the first round... And to be hitting another round... Most certainly speaks a lot about your character!!
    Thanks for being on board with all of us:)!
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Ah man of track for 3 days. I blame the bf i ate pizza twice this weekend. I did do a ton of walking but i feel bad for not getting my p90x jn. Makes me feel good for trying it out. So heres to the second week ;) give it my all
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Oh ps i didnt gain weigh either lol
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Ah man of track for 3 days. I blame the bf i ate pizza twice this weekend. I did do a ton of walking but i feel bad for not getting my p90x jn. Makes me feel good for trying it out. So heres to the second week ;) give it my all

Let's Crush this week!!
  • JTB51
    Options
    Tomorrow is The Challege what will be your numbers. I thinking 7 and 5 (assisted)
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm on my fourth week of the lean version and just had Pilates and man I didn't like it. I think I will switch it with something else in the future.

Anyways, this is the first time ever that I've kept exercising for "this long" and I'm so happy I've found a program which I'm so comfortable with. I feel good all the time and keep noticing the changes on my body.

Keep goin strong :)
  • JTB51
    Options
    JTB51 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is The Challege what will be your numbers. I thinking 7 and 5 (assisted)

Oops 7 should be 17
  • JTB51
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm on my fourth week of the lean version and just had Pilates and man I didn't like it. I think I will switch it with something else in the future.

Anyways, this is the first time ever that I've kept exercising for "this long" and I'm so happy I've found a program which I'm so comfortable with. I feel good all the time and keep noticing the changes on my body.

Keep goin strong :)

Keep it up, Ive swapped pilates out because I dont care for it either. Better to do something you enjoy, rather than skipping a workout due to one you dont like.
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Im falling behind. Im need serious need a *kitten* whopping. Although ive lost 1lb so far this week without much workout im soooo ready for tonight. I hope. Might have to wake up earlier in morning and get it out the way before my 2 year old wakes up lol
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just now saw this, and would love to join! Today would be day one for me! :D
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Just now saw this, and would love to join! Today would be day one for me! :D

Ill restart it with you hun xx

• chrisssiex23x
    Options
    Ok here goes. Im gonna do the plyometrics. Instead of the yoga. But i already did shoulders and arms the other day so im cheating a little bit. Plus when i did this one last week i enjoyed it but could ot manage half hour
  • chrisssiex23x
    Options
    45 mins i manage ooooft. Must have store up the energy through the week. Cant finish it lol im sweaty betty x