I need to take my own advice

Options
I've been going between 180 and 200 for a couple years, and now that I turned 50, I know it's not going to get any easier to lose this weight. I've got about 60 pounds to lose. I'm going to try to do it 10 pounds at a time. It's the keeping it off (like everyone else, right?)
It just got a little tougher because I changed jobs and I'm not longer on my feet for 12-15 hours at time. I LOVE that, but now I need to make time to exercise intentionally.
Looking for friends and support- Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CarolxJxThompson
    CarolxJxThompson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Thisnursewillbehot, I'm 60 & hanging around 180 lbs. myself. My Fitness Pal has helped me lose 25 lbs. tracking your food is so import. The only exercise I do walking with a Fitbit. You CAN do this, just be focused!
  • thisnursewillbehot
    thisnursewillbehot Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a fitbit. How do you like it?
  • sleepy_mum
    sleepy_mum Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a sedentary (desk) job and chronic illness which limits my activity somewhat. But I find cycling is a great way of getting out in the nice weather even if I'm slower than a tortoise, and I've recently taken up swimming lessons as I thought it was about time I was able to do it. Good exercise and really kind to your joints :-)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a fitbit. How do you like it?

I lost the weight and have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit. It's great motivation, and it shows you your TDEE—way more accurately than any online calculator.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users