Advice on giving up energy drinks

Options
patriciahutchinson89
patriciahutchinson89 Posts: 89 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So some background info I use to work two jobs and got on average 4 hours of sleep. Energy Drinks got me through it but now I think I have an energy dependency on them. I work one job now and get 7-9 hours of sleep but still so tired.

I use to drink monster ultra zero for a healthier alternative, cut out carbonated drinks and switched to 5 hour energy, found out it had sucralose and switched back but found out monster have sucralose.

I tried apples, black coffee, and sunflower seeds for alternatives nothing worked as well. Should I quit them cold turkey hoping my body will fix itself or just have 5 hour energy because the little sucralose it has I think isn't bad.

Replies

• purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I can't seem to kick my addiction to sugar free Red Bulls and diet colas! From what I've experienced, the best way is to just switch to lower caffeine drinks slowly, and then slowly reduce those. For example I was drinking Red Bulls all the time, so I switched over to personal sized bottles of diet coke. I then switched from bottles to one can (smaller than the bottle) a day. Except I never made the jump from 1 can to lots of tea like I was planning lol, I keep going back to drinking more and having Red Bull. But IMO that's the way you will feel the least headachy/tired. For you it sounds like even though you didn't feel great with coffee, that's a good alternative.