Unwanted maintenance

Options
I have been doing this for several months and have lost 56 pounds. I currently have a BMI of 23.2 and am still chubby (I am doing strength training, but need to lose fat too). Here's my problem: for the last few weeks, I have been so hungry that I've eaten at or near maintenance almost every day. I had to give up on 16:8 because I am hungry from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed at night. I went through my diary and haven't been low on protein, fat, or fiber.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something that's going to last for a little while and then go away? Is it just that my body is needing a refuel? I did take two diet breaks prior to this, but haven't really felt this level of hunger. I'm starting to feel frustrated.

Replies

• cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've come close a few times, but seem to have something come up to take me to maintenance or beyond for a few days that seems to reset the hunger urge. Not sure how long you've been at it, but if you are several months into carrying a deficit - this article may help.

http://strengthunbound.com/when-to-take-a-diet-break/
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I should have read better - you said you've been at it several months!