I used a scale other then my own, shocked

Options
2»

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Eh, if I weighed myself in my clothes in the middle of the day I wouldn't be surprised to be 5 lbs up. That's why I don't do it ha.

Yup!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I once stood on a scale at my moms house and it said I was 20lbs lighter than my house scale. I'd definitely prefer that number, but if i'm losing, I'm still losing, and the consistency of ONE scale is more important than the difference between two different scales.

THIS ^^^^

Don't sweat it! Use your current scale consistently and if it's heading the correct southerly direction, you are fine.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Also, did you know the surface that the scale is on can matter? Carpet vs. hardwood floors...

At any rate, stop obsessing about it and just keep going by your scale.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    angellll12 wrote: »
    It matters when your trying to reach a healthy bmi

Focus on a healthy mentality.
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "Clocks don't measure time, they measure themselves"
    So you want to be 130, it's just a number and it doesn't tell anything about your body composition, just strive to be fit. Fluctuating by 5+ lbs during the day is normal and clothes can be pretty heavy too.
    If you want to measure your progress though step on scale every morning after going to bathroom, before drinking anything and naked or in same clothes (i sleep in tshirts). This will give you measurement with somewhat controlled conditions.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I "gain" 5lbs by getting dressed in the morning. I'm sure once I've had something to eat I'm up even more.

Ignore that number, OP. Really. And try to resist the urge in the future :)

~Lyssa