32lb loss

Options
cmoll520
cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
Jan 1st I started on this weight loss journey. I was the heaviest I'd ever been and hadn't exercised in years. I joined the gym and downloaded MFP app on my phone. In April I bought the Fitbit charge which also really challenged me to get moving more. When I started I could hardly walk a mile. I now walk 3-5 miles 5-6 times a week. I will be adding in weight training soon. I would like to lose another 10lbs but my original goal was 140lbs and I am now at 141.4. I started at 175 and I am 5'5". To get to this point I kept my intake between 1200 and 1600 calories (with a handful of cheat days) and either walk or use the elliptical for about an hour 5-6 times a week. I only allow myself one day a week to not do at least 10,000 steps.
iah4bwe02b0r.jpg

Jan 1 2015- May 16 2015 175lbs the 141.4lbs.

Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I love your pictures, you look so positive and happy. It's great that you did it at this stage in your life - not 70 or 100 lbs. and/or 20 years later. I'm sure you get a lot of compliments - keep up the good work!
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Beautiful job - and very inspirational to me!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's some hard work and it tells!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your pix!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cmoll520 wrote: »
    Jan 1st I started on this weight loss journey. I was the heaviest I'd ever been and hadn't exercised in years. I joined the gym and downloaded MFP app on my phone. In April I bought the Fitbit charge which also really challenged me to get moving more. When I started I could hardly walk a mile. I now walk 3-5 miles 5-6 times a week. I will be adding in weight training soon. I would like to lose another 10lbs but my original goal was 140lbs and I am now at 141.4. I started at 175 and I am 5'5". To get to this point I kept my intake between 1200 and 1600 calories (with a handful of cheat days) and either walk or use the elliptical for about an hour 5-6 times a week. I only allow myself one day a week to not do at least 10,000 steps.
    iah4bwe02b0r.jpg

Jan 1 2015- May 16 2015 175lbs the 141.4lbs.

Alright! Great going!
  • cmoll520
    Options

Thank you everyone!
    HildieMe wrote: »
    That's wonderful! I love your pictures, you look so positive and happy. It's great that you did it at this stage in your life - not 70 or 100 lbs. and/or 20 years later. I'm sure you get a lot of compliments - keep up the good work!

Thanks! Yes, people started noticing ag about 20lbs lost and now at over 30 I tend to get a lot of compliments. It's uncomfortable but also affirms that I am making progress.

• cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Such a great transformation! All your hard work is definitely paying off. Way to go!!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job and you look wonderful!

We have a similar story. I've also lost 32 lbs since the beginning of the year! Except you are 15 yrs younger, 2 inches taller, and got it together at a lower weight than I did..lol! I can't wait to be where you are now, though. Really fantastic job!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    amazing. You are killing it!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Amazing :)
  • lavenderannie
    lavenderannie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look amazing!
  • cmoll520
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Great job and you look wonderful!

We have a similar story. I've also lost 32 lbs since the beginning of the year! Except you are 15 yrs younger, 2 inches taller, and got it together at a lower weight than I did..lol! I can't wait to be where you are now, though. Really fantastic job!
    Thanks so much for the kind words! And what a wonderful job on your weight loss! Doesn't it feel great?

• cmoll520
    Options
    And thank you to everyone else as well! I'm hoping my next before and after will be after 6 months of heavy lifting- just gotta get started on that :)
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!