female 23 would like advise. thanks x

Options
molly11234
molly11234 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi I'm Holly. I've joined today to take this leap I'm gonna do this!!! I would really like some advise about what my best workout/food regime should be. If any one can help me i will be so grateful, so you can try and picture me, I am 5,4 I weigh approximately 9.5stone, and my weight has always been a yo yo but even tho I'm not heavy I am still chubby. I have had a child she is nearly 3, I put on 4 stone pregnant and my belly stretched I lost the weight but never toned at all. I don't really have many stretch marks but it's loose skin on my bottom part of belly. I am giggly. Quite alot. I want to tone.
Just so you know. I have bad knees so can't really run at all.
My plan: 8am start and do the insane abs of the insanity. Followed by a 20 min weights training.*eat some scrambled egg,Then go to work.*Come home from work and have a healthy tea, and I will be getting up 5 morning a week doing that regime and then going to spinning classes 2 evenings a week aswell.
Food???:
Scrambled egg for breakfast
Soup
Sweet potatoes
Chicken
Carrot
Roast veg
Rice
Salad

Apples
Raspberry
Kiwi
Bananas
People say to eat fish but I hate it.
Is this the right kind of thing? Will this workout get me toned?
And what foods should I eat. I am rubbish at meals what meals are There? What foods do I need to eat more of? Will this regime.workout Wor? . Any one any suggestions I would be so happy

Thanks you xxxxxx

Replies

• molly11234
    Options
    I lost the 4 STONE a couple of years ago but never toned. And if any one would like to be motivating buddies hit me up!!! I absolutely suck at motivating myself!!!!!! Thanks a
    again xxx
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you are looking for specific foods that will get you "toned", this is any food. Just stay within the calories that MFP gave you to loose X pounds a week. The exercise is your choice and you can start with what you said you have setup. If you want to change it, or add to it, there are tons of exercise and weight lifting programs, youtube videos, etc..

As far as getting "toned" in the abs area only, there is no such thing as spot reducing. You can certainly exercise to build some minimal muscle as a newbie to weight training but while you are in a deficit, this will taper off. But basically what you will be doing is building a small amount of muscle and over all maintaining your current mass so that you do not lose muscle while losing fat at the same time.

I was curious about what you feed your family.. I assume that you prepare meals for them? You have breakfast and lunch?

Continue to eat as you normally would (but eat less of it and stay within your calorie goal) and do the exercises that #1 will keep you motivated and #2 are fun, enjoyable and will help you set fitness goals for a life time. Once you at your goal weight and where you want to be, you will have to eat to maintain your weight and continue working out to keep your new body.
  • molly11234
    Options
    It's crazy. My daughter she is so healthy she eats anything. She loves cherry tomatoes and pineapple, prawns, the lot. But by the time I get home from work she has had her tea so it's really only a weekend I have tea with her and we do eat healthy then and In the mornings we have cereal or like scrambled egg fried tomatoes on toast. But for me I'm to tired and can't be bothered making a whole meal for myself. And my partner he is no better either so we don't help eachother. I really want to do this now tho. I just want quick but healthy meals. And to know that I am doing the right workouts. But it's hard to know yourself on your own. I want to tone every where not just belly. The reason why I am reluctant is because when I had my daughter I breast fed her and then my boobs were so empty. And when I lose weight the skin goes even emptier. What do I do.ha ha thank you for your reply. I am looking forward to getting to the point like you say u will want you keep doing it because ur seeing results. Xxx
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I can start..

1) Spread out your calories so that you have X number for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack or two.. If you skip or have one meal put into one large one that is ok to..

All of the foods you listed are excellent. There are some things that I eat pretty regularly...
    Yogurt with fruit
    Fruit with breakfast or as snacks (strawberries, pineapple, melons, etc..)
    Whole Grain Waffles and sugar free syrup
    Cheese toast or french toast
    Peanut Butter on celery or graham cracker
    Nuts (any kind for a snack)
    Dry cereal (for a snack... love Cheerios dark chocolate)
    Eggs with bacon or egg white omelette with veggies
    Chicken Sandwich for lunch (with 1/2 soup) .. low calorie bread..Sarah Lee makes a great multi grain for 45 cals a slice
    Chicken with sweet potato (is my new meal.. love sweet potato now)
    Chicken with Brown Rice (I just started eating this my self)
    Steamed Veggies (you can buy frozen or make yourself.. I buy frozen all the time)
    Raw Veggies broccoli, cauliflower and carrots (with your favorite dip or dressing)
    Cheese (i love turkey and cheese wraps, cheese and crackers and cheese sandwiches)
    Salad.. you can put anything on lettuce.. I add hard boiled egg, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, what ever raw veggies I have in house, if I have cooked chicken I will top it with chicken, any thing goes on a bed of lettuce..

I make burgers, grill chicken on Sunday for the entire week ( I eat chicken every other day), I also started eating fish but this does take time and cant really prepare a head, I make desserts, I make crockpot meals and eat on that all week, I pre make salads for on the go for work, I pre make my snacks (I throw fruits, veggies, nuts, dry cereral in zip lock bags)... I do alot of prep for work and the week ahead..

You have to adhere to your own life style and schedule.. The above are some things I eat and my fitness changes about very week or so.. I lift weights 3 times a week and cardio times a week and walk/run every day..

Get creative and think about how you want to choose preparing or cooking your meals, when you will have your meals.

The exercise as I said is fine... you should at least start it.. You already have a plan or a goal for this routine, go a head and see if it is what is going to get you where you want to be.. ALso, money, time, busy schedules and in your case a young child to work around, so I can't say what is right...

You are doing well, so step out on a limb and try what have going on, and again there are programs and youtube videos everywhere.. there are alot of programs and things that you can do on your own..

I am going to say this, you will need to put 100% effort into this, if you want to see results in your weight and muscle mass this takes time, diligence and commitment every day on your part.. :):)

You sound committed, and remember, you can always change it if does not or will not get you to your goals... Just start it..

Add me if you want.. I log in every day sometimes 5 or 10 times a day...LOL
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    molly11234 wrote: »
    It's crazy. My daughter she is so healthy she eats anything. She loves cherry tomatoes and pineapple, prawns, the lot. But by the time I get home from work she has had her tea so it's really only a weekend I have tea with her and we do eat healthy then and In the mornings we have cereal or like scrambled egg fried tomatoes on toast. But for me I'm to tired and can't be bothered making a whole meal for myself. And my partner he is no better either so we don't help eachother. I really want to do this now tho. I just want quick but healthy meals. And to know that I am doing the right workouts. But it's hard to know yourself on your own. I want to tone every where not just belly. The reason why I am reluctant is because when I had my daughter I breast fed her and then my boobs were so empty. And when I lose weight the skin goes even emptier. What do I do.ha ha thank you for your reply. I am looking forward to getting to the point like you say u will want you keep doing it because ur seeing results. Xxx

Of course, she is young. Her liver and pancreas are newer than your and mine. I believe the food you mention is the top-notch of weight losing. Keep it like that.