weightloss help confused

Options
2»

Replies

• thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    (fingers crossed this isn't another troll post)

I don't think anyone here is qualified to help you, really. Seeing a doctor, therapist, and/or nutritionist might be better because starving yourself will not get you to your goal. On that note, perhaps the weight it just normal fluctuations from water, poop, or just gravity being extra strong that day ;D

Here are a few questions to consider

How much sleep do you get? How much water do you drink? What are your weekly net calories? What is your goal? Are you stressed out, moderately stressed out, or extremely stressed out?
  • cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My accidental starvation over two years was quite a lesson learned. I have lost about 10 lbs. in about 7 weeks now that I am eating right and at a proper level.
  • Superreal
    Superreal Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone here is qualified to help you, really. Seeing a doctor, therapist, and/or nutritionist might be better because starving yourself will not get you to your goal. On that note, perhaps the weight it just normal fluctuations from water, poop, or just gravity being extra strong that day ;D

How much sleep do you get? How much water do you drink? What are your weekly net calories? What is your goal? Are you stressed out, moderately stressed out, or extremely stressed out?

Been extremly stressed wuit my job about 2 months ago and a week later my mother had a stroke. I always feel crappy and just anxious...i will look into it all..ty
  • Superreal
    Options
    Read the link that I posted, that may help you. Also, you need to get your eating in order.

I saw the post and am currently still reading ty so much for the info. I dont mind informative info but hate being talked to like im sick or something. It would be different if i didnt admit i had a problem but i did!! :)
  • Superreal
    Options
    There is such a thing as eating too little. Your body will eventually plateau in weight loss because your eating too little and it thinks you are starving. It will try to store fat for energy.

Thank you for this
  • thatsillyshana23
    Options
    Superreal wrote: »

Been extremly stressed wuit my job about 2 months ago and a week later my mother had a stroke. I always feel crappy and just anxious...i will look into it all..ty

have you considered keeping a journal, not online, but on paper. This way you can write your feelings, intake, sleep, and thoughts. You can find motivational quotes and recipes to write down too. I think if you see a therapist, they will also find journaling useful so they can see how they can help you with your anxiety. You can add me or pm me if you want someone to talk to :]
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. You're at a good weight for your height. No need to lose anymore.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    ... and yet not a single word from OP on number of calories consumed.

Coincidence?
  • Superreal
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I don't get why people are telling her to maintain her weight. It's HER GOALS. When I was at my lowest people would tell me "you need to stop losing weight you're thin" yet i wanted a 6 pack, so what they where telling me is irrelevant to my goals.

OP, you're on MFP, use it how you're supposed to. Eat calories assigned to you, Work out, notice results, adjust, be patience, it's that simple. Being MAD or getting upset at the scale is the quickest way to fail, so cut it out.

Thank you.. i can tolerate that type of criticism but hate being talked to like im crazy.. ty :)
  • Superreal
    Options

Coincidence?

Really. ..quit poating on my thread if your only going to be hateful
  • thatsillyshana23
    Options
    I don't get why people are telling her to maintain her weight. It's HER GOALS. When I was at my lowest people would tell me "you need to stop losing weight you're thin" yet i wanted a 6 pack, so what they where telling me is irrelevant to my goals.

OP, you're on MFP, use it how you're supposed to. Eat calories assigned to you, Work out, notice results, adjust, be patience, it's that simple. Being MAD or getting upset at the scale is the quickest way to fail, so cut it out.

Weight gain can be caused by many things, sodium, glycogen(too many carbs one day), water retention of a female cycle, bowel movements, a few LBS MEANS NOTHING. So let go of that idea.

WHen you start working out you also get muscle inflammation which also holds water weight. There are 3,500 calories in 1lbs of fat. To gain 1lbs of fat, for you I am estimating a TDEE of about 2,000, you'd have to eat 2,500 calories a day for 1 week to gain 1lbs of fat, did you do that? Nope, so stop worrying.

all of this!!!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Superreal wrote: »

Coincidence?

Really. ..quit poating on my thread if your only going to be hateful

Request denied.

Really ...

• Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The best advice I have read so far on MFP is "Remember weight loss is not linear". The scale will go up and down and up again ect.. Also stress really does affect weight loss. Last week I was super stressed out and lost no weight at all. It happends.

Eating disorders are serious and need to be professionally dealt with. Its not your fault so don't be ashamed.

I wish you the best on reaching your goals and finding a healthy lifestyle. Keep your head up. :)
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Weight gain can be caused by many things, sodium, glycogen(too many carbs one day), water retention of a female cycle, bowel movements, a few LBS MEANS NOTHING. So let go of that idea.

WHen you start working out you also get muscle inflammation which also holds water weight. There are 3,500 calories in 1lbs of fat. To gain 1lbs of fat, for you I am estimating a TDEE of about 2,000, you'd have to eat 2,500 calories a day for 1 week to gain 1lbs of fat, did you do that? Nope, so stop worrying.

The difference here is you were trying to gain muscle. You weren't a person with history of an eating disorder who is well within healthy range for their height and still continuing to try to lose weight. Huge difference. Her BMI is 23 (18-25 is normal/healthy) and she has a decent amount of muscle mass which means she probably has very little fat to lose. Just because a person posts that they don't like the way they look or want to be thinner, doesn't mean we should encourage them.