So how does one "detox"?

i've never understood the detoxing process in depth- would love to have some info it and any good detox plan recommendations you guys may have :)
Feel free to add me-always looking for friends!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Your kidneys and liver are already detoxing your body, so a plan is unnecessary
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    You drink plenty of water and get plenty of fat and fiber in your diet.

Your liver and kidneys do all the work. You don't need to drink or eat anything specific :)

~Lyssa
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Pee and poop?
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Detoxes do nothing beneficial and are generally unhealthy and sound disgusting.

Except the peeps detox...
  • tuuky
    tuuky Posts: 1 Member
    I clicked on this expecting a bunch of answers full of pseudoscientific answers with all the current detox fabs going around and I'm so happy it wasn't the case. "Detox" is a marketing scheme, like many in the nutrition industry. Like others have said here, your body takes good care of getting rid of any toxins already and there's no special diet or magic pill you need to take to "detox." Eat healthily, exercise, get 7-8 hours of sleep a night and live a happy life.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    A lady on another forum suggested 2 TBS salt in one quart of water. No recomendation from me and I think it is dangerous.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    tuuky wrote: »
    I clicked on this expecting a bunch of answers full of pseudoscientific answers with all the current detox fabs going around and I'm so happy it wasn't the case. "Detox" is a marketing scheme, like many in the nutrition industry. Like others have said here, your body takes good care of getting rid of any toxins already and there's no special diet or magic pill you need to take to "detox." Eat healthily, exercise, get 7-8 hours of sleep a night and live a happy life.

Kudos to you for the solid 1st post.

:)

~Lyssa

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    tuuky wrote: »

You'll get those from some--mostly newbies or people with a few posts--but generally it can turn into a bit of a war
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Honestly the benefits people claim to have experienced from detox diets are probably completely placebic... Just eat right and you'll be fine.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    All of the above.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    You detox everyday, if you pee and poop, or if you sneeze, cough, cry, breathe, laugh..
  • GoodlifeJ
    GoodlifeJ Posts: 26 Member
    LOL thanks guys! ;) Guess I'll stick to what I've already been doing!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Detox: increase your fiber. Fiber is what "scrubs" your intestines of any buildup of plaques. Although it's not really accurate to call it a detox, since those plaques are not actual toxins.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Detox is just another marketing scam to push useless books, DVDs or supplements. A modern-day snake oil.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    One doesn't.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    It's just another marketing scam, like diet pills, fat burners, weight loss shakes, cleanses and all that junk. It's just a way to sell false hope to lost people. You don't need any of that stuff. It's unhealthy and disgusting anyway. Once when I wasn't truly ready to make the lifestyle change, I saw an add for diet pills. I thought it must work because celebrities and doctors say it does. Well at the end of the add it stated that diet and exercise is needed for the pills to work. That's when it dawned on me, there's no replacement for hard work. No quick fix. Your body detoxes itself, so don't even waste your time.
  • Mlane303
    Mlane303 Posts: 7 Member
    Feel free to add me GoodlifeJ
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Mlane303 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me GoodlifeJ

Why? You going to try and pm them about a detox?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    I detox daily :mrgreen:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    GoodlifeJ wrote: »
    i've never understood the detoxing process in depth- would love to have some info it and any good detox plan recommendations you guys may have :)
    Feel free to add me-always looking for friends!!

You pee and poop, that's all that's needed to get rid of waste.