Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100 lbs heavier

roxy4ever
roxy4ever Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm a woman that is now 31 years old and i cannot say that she has been a day life without struggling to lose weight. I'm now 100 lbs overweight and i wish i could live a normal life. This is like the 10,000 time I'm starting a diet. If you live in Virginia ( in the DMV) and are looking for someone to workout with or be accountable with, let me know. If you are as me going throught a major weight loss journey we should help each other

Replies

• Hemi87
    Hemi87 Posts: 9 Member
    Not from the south but good luck!!! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I'm in Jersey.But you can do this. Make this time count. Start small by just learning how to weigh all your foods with a food scale and make it a habit. After something becomes part of your daily life, it becomes easier to do every day. It's just part of your routine at that point. Weighing your foods and logging them here will be so important. You can do this! If I did it, I know you can!
  • i1abe
    i1abe Posts: 1 Member
    You can do it, one day at a time!
  • roxy4ever
    roxy4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement
  • cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Please make sure you get the okay from your doctor before you start. And please don't look at this as a diet. You need to change your lifestyle. There are no good or bad foods, just choices. Use the app, track EVERYTHING, and make sure you use a food scale. The food scale is for accurate tracking. If you have access to healthcare a nutritionist can help confirm MFP's calorie settings for you and give you sensible foods to eat. Take it easy working out - if your doctor agrees, you can probably walk at 2.5 mph at a 2% incline for about an hour. If that is too fast start a little slower until you work up to it. You may go over or under on calories on any given day but try to be at or under for the week and you will be on your way. I am nowhere near you but I wish you luck.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Hello! I'm in Virginia! Not around Washington, though. Think of this more as a lifestyle change than a diet. Remember that you want to make this a change you want to stick with, so be realistic with yourself when it comes to the foods you eat. Anything in moderation! Just keep reminding yourself that if you give up, it will never happen. MFP is a great place to start, you will meet many people here from all over that are in the exact same boat as you and will help you get through this!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Starting is the first step to anything. There are many people that do not even get to that point. Welcome to this world of accountablity. :smile: When I started I made changes that were doable. (Saying you have to lose 100 lbs can be abit unreachable mentally) so be realistic. For me it was changes like..logging on here every day/moving every day/taking my vitamin every day/drinking my water every day...stuff that to most people would be an easy thing. For me, keeping this list of to-do's makes me present in the moment, and I don't "settle" and fall back on ways that really didn't include me. Put yourself first!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Hello I live in Virginia but in the Harrisonburg area. I'm getting back serious with it and need to lose about 74 more pounds add me if you like :)