My first 5k!!

kayte660
kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
We started getting serious about our health in January. Between us we have lost almost 80lbs, and went from a sedentary life with lots of pizza and beer to running a 5k, in the dark with occasional dirt path, in 35 minutes! I'm so happy and proud and excited to keep going. I've had setbacks, and sometimes felt like I wasn't making progress, but I'm so glad I set a goal and achieved it.66nkck7qqlbx.jpg
a2ruz9cpoufr.jpg
hwte419ix7o1.jpg

Replies

• Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Congrats!!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Awesome! You rock
  • kayte660
    It was in Cleveland. And I totally forgot to set map my run for it, so I'm not sure. I would hope they would have been better at distancing it though :(
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Way to go! Now that you've done it once, you'll want to do it again =)
  • kayte660
    Honestly though, I've been running about an 11:30 mile, and I only walked maybe 3 minutes total. So anything much shorter than 3.1 would make my 35 minutes not make much sense.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Congrats! I just completed my first 5 k! At 60 min but I ran the whole time! And now I want anotger! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!