lately shopping is the bane of my existence

Options
I had a job interview on Monday and of course NONE of my interview clothes fit anymore because I put on even more weight when I quit smoking. So I had to go and buy an outfit for the interview. What a depressing experience lol. This is the biggest I have ever been and when trying on bigger clothes than ever before and looking in the mirror it feels like this weight will never come off and that even if it does the spots where the skin stretched will never look good lol

I don't think I will ever look like I did pre-injuries (= pre-weight gain) and that is ok, but I do want to look better lol :)

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    at least you quit smoking,,, that's good, its hard to do,
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I agree! Nice job for quitting smoking! Also, I've noticed that even when I am heavier, wearing clothes that actually fit well make me look better no matter what. We get distracted by those size numbers, but look at yourself in the mirror and notice that with clothes that fit well, you look well, too.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    at least you quit smoking,,, that's good, its hard to do,

thanks :) I can't even say it was hard :) I took the Champix (Chantix in the US) and it was shockingly easy. I simply took it while smoking for 2 weeks and then just stopped smoking - no cravings, no habitual smoking. A 15 yr pack a day habit was just gone :) I simply didn't smoke anymore :)
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    I agree! Nice job for quitting smoking! Also, I've noticed that even when I am heavier, wearing clothes that actually fit well make me look better no matter what. We get distracted by those size numbers, but look at yourself in the mirror and notice that with clothes that fit well, you look well, too.

that is true :) thanks :) still hate shopping right now though lol :)