tips for the weekend

Options
Hi all,

finnally doing really well... excersizing loads and eating properly... except... for at the weekend. Its so much harder. I did OK this weekend by cutting down on booz, which also helped the next day by cutting out the take aways i tend to eat on a hang over! but still, i when for bbq on suday night and polished of a whopping 1800 calories!!! thats INSANE. any tips for making life a little easier at the weekends with out having to become a hermit!!

Replies

• Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Well, I like my weekends like that! It gives me something to look forward to. I'm 'good' all week but I allow myself treats at the weekend. I still try to exercise though so maybe thats why I don't gain over the weekend. The way I look at it, I lose during the week and stabilise at the weekend!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    All I can say is plan ahead. We used to eat out every Fri and Sat night, which sometimes we do, I just get the healthier options. For example, Friday's we usually do pizza, so now I get the veggie lovers on thin crust instead of the stuffed crust with extra cheese (mmmmm!) I had a bachelorette party this past saturday, so I knew we were going to Hooters for dinner with the guys, so I pulled the menu online and chose what I was going to eat and I typed it in my menu. That way, when I got there, I didn't even look a the menu, I already knew what I was going to get and I wasn't tempted by the other bad options. I stayed under my goal for the day even. Although, I had to limit myself on the drinks later that night, but I did great! Hope this helps some!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree. Weekends are a challenge, especially because my friends and I have always made food and drinks the "fun" part of getting together. This weekend I loaded up on activities: running both days, playing in the pool, walking...then I didn't feel so bad when I inhaled all that Chinese food last night! I agree with Luckymam though. Weekends are for treats, so i also try to cut back a bit each weekeday (50 cal here, 100 there), so I can "bank" some extra calories to spend on the weekend. :-)
  • kevingray35
    kevingray35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am more active on the weekend, though, so I get a bit more exercise. I'm trying to lose an lb a week, which means -500 calories a week, so I also try not to go over my goal + 500 calories on any given day during the weekend.

Also found that while I can't get rid of the issues completely, I can make smarter choices. If i"m throwing back beers with a friend at a bar, maybe I eat a chicken sandwich rather than a burger so that I don't doubly screw myself.