What do yall do with old clothes you no longer fit into?

Options
13»

Replies

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yep, give them to charity. I had a wardrobe clear out not too long ago and gave away 10+ pairs of shorts. I'll be gutted if I ever put the weight back on cos I'll have nothing but sweatpants to wear!
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Consignment stores are great cause u can trade larger sizes for smaller sizes. Or sell on Vinted.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also ive been buying clothes at value village (similar to goodwill) i got two pairs of jeans for under 9$ total and they were both name brand
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    After I went from a 14 to a 4/6 my co-worker started a weight loss journey and I gave her a lot of my clothes after she got down to the size 12/14 range. My cousin just had a baby a few months ago and is bigger than she normally is, so I gave her most of my other clothes. I have some really nice dresses that are way too big on me but that I LOVE, so I plan to get them altered once I reach my goal weight.
  • Minx3105
    Minx3105 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sell my things on ebay - anything that doesn't sell, i'd give away to charity :smile:
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I take the nicer things to consignment shops. I've also arranged clothing swaps with friends in the past. (You all bring clothes you don't want and then just shop. That only works if you're all roughly the same size.) Anything that's not worthy of consignment gets donated.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A local seamstress took them in a size or two. The others I gave away or tossed.
  • naui1994
    naui1994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm boxing mine up and hanging on to them. I hope that they never fit again but as my wife so kindly pointed out that I have yo-yo'd in weight before. I'll donate them in 2 years.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My biggest clothes are so beat up by now, that I will likely just toss them… They are not even in good enough condition to donate. I've been refusing to buy new fat clothes for a long time, and wearing the same thing over and over and over! Fortunately, I've kept all my smaller clothes in bins in my garage, so I'll be able to go shopping in my own garage pretty soon!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I donate mine to Goodwill as I know how hard it was to find big sizes used for men and how pricey they can be.
  • LuckyPolarBear
    LuckyPolarBear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Local hospitals will take them (like the emergency room and inpatient psych). They get people in by ambulance in various states of dress and not everyone has someone to bring stuff for them. Also good for the homeless people that come in. I just took a couple bags over this morning. :)