Garcinia Cambodia

Options
Hello my name is Jenn and I've only had my fitness pal for ten days. I am taking Garcinia Cambodia and would like to hear peoples experiences with GC.

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi jenn im also jenn. i tried it it did absolutely nothing. i still have half a bottle in my cupboard. but i have lost 65lbs with counting calories. there's no magic pill sorry
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    It is highly exaggerated like all other supplements on the market. A couple of exceptions of very effective supplements are creatine and whey protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need to eat at a deficit. There's no quick fixes. Nothing can replace hard work. If these pills truly caused ppl to lose weight, then we'd all be thin! But they don't, so we must work for it!
    Pills are not necessary, just eat at a deficit.
  • jeanettesternett
    jeanettesternett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I Love how everyone assumes that I think GC is a magic pill that will make me loose weight.
    I wouldn't be on this app if I thought that, I also count calories and work out. I have read many success stories of people who use GC.... Just was looking for some insight. Also it can take up to 6 weeks for the pills to start working, sometimes longer. I've been on them for 9 days and lost 10lbs combined with diet and exercise. There is no quick fix, Rome wasn't built in a day and fat won't fall off in a day either. I know it takes hard work, but a little help along the way can't hurt. I'm dedicated to loosing this weight even if I have to bust my *kitten* every day, not looking for any magic that doesn't exist.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Where did you hear these success stories? If you have already made up your mind about this product, why are you asking for opinions?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I Love how everyone assumes that I think GC is a magic pill that will make me loose weight.
    I wouldn't be on this app if I thought that, I also count calories and work out. I have read many success stories of people who use GC.... Just was looking for some insight. Also it can take up to 6 weeks for the pills to start working, sometimes longer. I've been on them for 9 days and lost 10lbs combined with diet and exercise. There is no quick fix, Rome wasn't built in a day and fat won't fall off in a day either. I know it takes hard work, but a little help along the way can't hurt. I'm dedicated to loosing this weight even if I have to bust my *kitten* every day, not looking for any magic that doesn't exist.

I hate to say this, but you asked for opinions about this supplment and folks responded. You lost weight because of diet and exercise not the supplement..It is ok to take it as a mental or physiological effect.. but it does nothing for weight loss..

You asked and the MFP community responded.. ;);)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Where did you hear these success stories? If you have already made up your mind about this product, why are you asking for opinions?
    ^^^
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

So why post a thread asking about the magic pills if your already doing so wonderful with them and believe so strongly that they are helping you?
    Do you think that it's possible that you would've dropped the same amount of weight without taking them? If you believe that they are helping you, then go for it! It's your body.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that says these pills aid in weight loss. None. All of the success stories you heard, and your success, is based on your calorie deficit. Why would you want to attribute your success to some pill rather than your own hard work? Would you blame the pill if you fail to lose weight?
  • chukabird
    chukabird Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn, looks like it's pretty much a consensus. I tried it and fortunately purchased it online from a reputable website and got my money back. It did nothing for me! Unfortunately there is no quick fix and nothing that will take weight off and keep it off without a sensible diet and exercise. Good luck. I personally love this website!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they don't help hardly at all with weight loss. Figure you saved yourself the calorie expenditure of a Jolly Rancher per day. Now look at that cost effectively and ask yourself if the money you're spending on it is worth it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]

• TraceSing
    TraceSing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say MIGHT have happened for me while taking it is that it curbed my appetite... but I really didn't find it did anything for me... I was following a different weight loss program at the time and wasn't getting any results. The ONLY thing that has worked for me is using MFP and the deficit as discussed above. I don't think anyone was telling you this is a magic pill... just stating the obvious. I took them for 2 months and it did absolutely nothing for me.
  • jeanettesternett
    Options
    I was hoping someone who had taken the product had some sort of good results. Really I will make my own decisions based upon my experience not what anyone else has to say... And a lot of people who take the product loose inches not pounds, its not really a weight loss pill its a fat burning pill so to say. I am on 2 Garcinia groups on FB and there are hundreds of people who have had success without diet or exercise just the pills... I want to be healthy, eat rite, stay active, and not just depend on a pill to do the work... I want a better lifestyle. Was looking for some positivity not negativity
  • jeanettesternett
    Options
    :(
  • jeanettesternett
    Options
    My bad :/
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I was hoping someone who had taken the product had some sort of good results. Really I will make my own decisions based upon my experience not what anyone else has to say... And a lot of people who take the product loose inches not pounds, its not really a weight loss pill its a fat burning pill so to say. I am on 2 Garcinia groups on FB and there are hundreds of people who have had success without diet or exercise just the pills... I want to be healthy, eat rite, stay active, and not just depend on a pill to do the work... I want a better lifestyle. Was looking for some positivity not negativity

You will not get positivity regarding any useless snake oil.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I was hoping someone who had taken the product had some sort of good results. Really I will make my own decisions based upon my experience not what anyone else has to say...

I'm not sure why you started this thread, then? <confused> Your original post said, " I am taking Garcinia Cambodia and would like to hear peoples experiences with GC. " Perhaps you should've amended that to say, "As long as it's only positive feedback."

• jeanettesternett
    Options
    Experience not opinions there's a difference
  • jeanettesternett
    Options
    If I could figure out how to erace it I would.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    All the people who lost weight are in a calorie deficit, whether they want to believe it or not. There is no other way to lose weight. Don't believe me? Start eating 500 calories a day over maintenance, keep taking your pills, and tell me how it goes for you.