lose 3lbs in 10 days possible?

Options
Hey there!

I am 22, 5'6 and 123/124lbs. I would like to be around 120/121lbs by Friday 29 May. So i would love to lose it to feel absolutely fabulous!

I live a pretty sedendary lifesytle and try to run 10km 3x a week minimum with some strength training.

Is it possible? Please help!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Water weight, yes, as that can fluctuate up to five pounds.

But since you're already on the low end of a healthy BMI, three pounds of fat loss in ten days will be impossible.
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes if you go Atkins induction style for those 10 days you will probably drop more than 3 lbs but it will just be water weight possibly some slight (very) fat loss. But for your height you are on the skinny side anyways. 10 days of JM Shred and clean eating will probably slim you down as well
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I consumed a bunch of alcohol Friday night and lost 1.5 lbs by the next morning. It was all water weight. It came back on today, lol.

It's entirely possible you could see that number on the scale by then but it won't stay. If you're eating at a deficit, you'll probably lose some fat between now and then but no way will you be down 3 lbs of fat.

~Lyssa
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 3lbs in less than two weeks?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Three pounds isn't going to make you feel "absolutely fabulous." It also isn't going to happen in ten days. Maybe in twice that long, but not in ten days.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Wedding would be my guess or similar event.

Does 3 pounds actually make any difference? You won't drop a dress size or look different or anything like that will you?

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Does 3 pounds actually make any difference? You won't drop a dress size or look different or anything like that will you?

3lbs makes a difference if you're super close to your goal...even then, there's no guarantee that it's fat and not water weight.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

3lbs makes a difference if you're super close to your goal...even then, there's no guarantee that it's fat and not water weight.

Ok. I guess that's something for me to look forward to when I get to goal.

But still I can't see how 3 pounds or 1.4kg would make much of a difference. 3 pounds sounds small enough to be discounted as normal weight fluctuations?

Do people have 2 sets of clothes? One for normal weight and one for the few days they gains 3 pounds of water weight?

I don't know, just sound very small.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Ok. I guess that's something for me to look forward to when I get to goal.

But still I can't see how 3 pounds or 1.4kg would make much of a difference. 3 pounds sounds small enough to be discounted as normal weight fluctuations?

Do people have 2 sets of clothes? One for normal weight and one for the few days they gains 3 pounds of water weight?

I don't know, just sound very small.

Depends on where the 3lbs decide to be when they show up. If it's in the belly, you kinda have to have a pair or two of pants, capris and/or shorts that are a bit bigger to accommodate. Elsewhere, maybe not.

~Lyssa