need help with abs

Options
About18%body fat. 170lbs I work out 4 times a week chest back same day then biceps and triceps then legs and abs any program that could help me?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Help doing what exactly?

If you want more visible abs, lose fat!
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    try the 30 day plank challenge. those planks take care of the core and there are multiple variations you can do. look it up, good luck!!!
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    try the 30 day plank challenge. those planks take care of the core and there are multiple variations you can do. look it up, good luck!!!
    thank you should I do that with my gym workouts also??

• kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Help doing what exactly?

If you want more visible abs, lose fat!
    help gaining ab muscle

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

EDIT: Please tell me that your diary for the passed week is only about 5% filled out and you don't have days where you only get to 900-1100 calories.
  • Murolo15
    Murolo15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never really had that crazy 6 pack, but now I kinda have it coming in. What worked for me is getting an Ab routine down. I do abs with every single workout at the end and if I don't have time at the gym I do them at home before bed. Another thing to note is that you need to add in weighted ab workouts, into your lower, middle and upper ab workouts. Adding a bit of size(aka the weighted workouts) will help you be able to see your ab definition a bit faster and at a slightly higher body fat percentage. As you hone in on that perfect diet plan you will begin losing body fat, I believe the results you are looking for will be seen when you are around 13% body fat give or take.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Eat appropriately for your goals and lift. Based on your picture you simply will not have enough lean mass when the fat is gone to have abs. Focusing on building ab muscles should be much later down the road when you have more lean mass. At this point, based on your stats, you are going to look very sickly when you reach a body fat percentage where you can see abs (or about another 20 pounds of fat loss). You may want to consider eating at maintenance for a while and following a solid lifting program to build some lean mass.