Goal weight for short women?

Options
2»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and targeting 115. I started at 155 and picked my goal weight based on a number that was in the healthy BMI range that I figured I could sustain. It sounded good.

Now I'm at 119 and taking those last 5lbs very slowly. I'm pretty happy with my clothing size and overall health, though I still have a spare tire thing happening that I'd love to get rid of if I can. I'm not too fussed about the number on the scale at this point, to tell the truth; I'd like to just lower the body fat percentage a bit.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". Was 11 stone 2lb (156lb) in February and down to 10stone (140lb) today. First aim was under 10 stone I'll be there very soon! I figured that's enough to make a difference but also be achievable. It's also about % - I've now lost 10% of me! That's a helpful way to look at it.
    Ultimately I would look AMAZING at 8 stone (112lb) but I worry about spare skin and it seems like such a looooong way away! So 9 stone (126lb) would be ideal. I know I've looked good at that weight so that's where I'm heading!!!
    Photos of me that weight are at my mum's house in a suitcase (pre digital cameras!)
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 175. My goal weight when I did weight watchers was 126 and I got there. But my "ideal BMI weight is as low as 116 but I'm not that ambitious. Am aiming for around 126 again. You've done really well to get down to 172 so far well done!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doc and find a weight that works for you I'm 5'1 and goal is set at 130 due to my build,very top heavy and despite having hit 140 in the past a 50 lb loss that never budged.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and happiest at 140. Yep it's still technically not "healthy" for my height BUT I am well built and look awful if I drop below 10st. I don't recognise myself any smaller. :lol:
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I think bone density has something to due with it as well. Some people at the same height, buddy shape, and size may weigh two different weights.
    The person with the lighter bone density will be lighter, but they are also more susceptible to things like osteoporosis.

Your body frame also makes a difference. People of the same height but different shapes well not look the same at the same weight. One of those people may look better if they are at a lighter or heavier weight. That's where weight lifting will help.

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3ish. I liked the 130-135 range. I was generally around a size 8. I'm down to 125 and a size 2. 2 years of lifting has made a big difference in my body composition.
  • lisalsd1
    Options
    I'm 5'3ish. I liked the 130-135 range. I was generally around a size 8. I'm down to 125 and a size 2. 2 years of lifting has made a big difference in my body composition.
  • lisalsd1
    Options
  • lisalsd1
    Options
  • rainbowgoddess73
    rainbowgoddess73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm 5'1" and went from 115lb to 200 about 5 years ago. I'm down to 186 since mid-June and I'm noticing my legs in particular are toning up nicely, but I worry about the rest of me getting flabby as I continue to lose. Do you think I'll be left with a lot of saggy skin? I'm doing Zumba with toning sticks (weights) 4x per week and power walks on the weekend.

By the way, all of you ladies are an inspiration. Stay on course!
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wow, some great success stories in here!! I'm looking for more MFP friends for support. Feel free to add me!
    I'm 5'2", 32 years old. SW: 133 CW: 121 1st GW: 118 2nd GW: 113.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    If you go to the blue bar above and choose "Apps" and click on it, you can go to check your BMI and BMR by putting in your information. That will give you a range that is reasonable.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Screw it these boards have changed and I no longer know how to post images.