How to Stop Counting!

Options
2»

Replies

• Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When I stop counting, I start eating a lot of little trivial things that I don't even notice till I count again... Any tips? How did you manage to stop counting and not gain weight?

I didn't. I've been in maintenance for over two years now and I will continue counting calories for the next 40+ years. I also still measure out portion sizes, use my food scale on a regular basis and weigh myself daily.

There's a dismal rate for long term successful maintenance. Spending a few minutes every day figuring out calories is well worth it to me, to be successful at this whole thing.

To be completely honest, this doesn't sound sustainable to me, and weighing every day isn't as accurate as it sounds... I don't want to have to meticulously weigh every gram of food I eat forever.
    Then again, I did lose the first 10 pounds without counting so maybe watching but not exactly counting is the way to go...

Weighing every day is more accurate than once a week/once a month. That way, you can use all your daily weigh-ins and average them out. If you weigh in once a week, a day where you're a bit bloated/retaining a lot of water may make it look like you didn't lose anything the entire week (or even gained), when if you would have weighed in every day you may have had seen lower numbers on other days so you know it's just a daily flunctuation.