Getting serious about post-baby weight

Options
asgentr
asgentr Posts: 228 Member
My DD is 20 months old. I gained 50lbs while pregnant, dropped 15 at birth, then piled back on 10 with breastfeeding medication. My joints were so sore I couldn't jog for the first 8 months or so after birth. At 10 months postpartum I broke my ankle. I walked a lot while healing my joints and my broken ankle. Now I'm able to jog a little and use the elliptical. I'm in the low 190s hoping to reach 160s by my daughter's second birthday (September 5th). It's hard to find the time and motivation. Plus my post-40 metabolism is sluggish. Would love to find people with similar goals.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. For weight loss, pay attention to calories in/calories out (you'll see it mentioned here as CICO). Exercise is for fitness, your diet (here, I mean only the foods you eat) is for weight gain/loss. There is an old cliche "You can't outrun your fork". Cliche, but true. Pay attention to how much and what you're eating, and the weight will come off. Start an exercise program, and you get to keep more muscle and lose more fat. :) You've got this. :flowerforyou: