Nursing Mom's a question for you!

Options
ANewLucia
ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
Ok, I am nursing exclusively and posted a while back because I wasn't losing anything at all. Well you wonderful ladies let me know that I wasn't eating nearly enough calories, so I added 500. I am up to 1800 calories a day, plus my exercise calories. Now, I am doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Shred (L1D9 completed) and have had fat loss and am sure gained some muscle which is great...BUT...I haven't lost not a single pound in over a month.

I also do the elliptical machine and do other active things all through the week. Again, I am seeing a difference in the body and have lost inches, but what can I do to get the scale down. Oh, another thing, my weight fluctuates so within a day or two. I will be 165.x one morning and the next 162.x, then two days later back at 165.x...what is the deal with that?

Replies

• StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you feel great, you body is getting fit, tight and toned. Why does it matter what the scale says. Honestly, it is not beneficial to weigh yourself more than 1 time per week. Also, have you consired if your breast are full or empty when you wiegh in? the scale is just a number. Go by your clothes.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you feel great, you body is getting fit, tight and toned. Why does it matter what the scale says. Honestly, it is not beneficial to weigh yourself more than 1 time per week. Also, have you consired if your breast are full or empty when you wiegh in? the scale is just a number. Go by your clothes.
    I agree completely. Go by your clothes, not the scale. :smile:
  • GODZKREATION
    Options
    MoM? I know I am probably the wrong one to even think to offer any advice but I will inbox you on this one. You always look great no matter what.... Stay strong and be encouraged....You are beauty walking :-):flowerforyou:
  • cyndilou
    cyndilou Posts: 3
    Options
    I am going through the same thing, this is my second baby in 19 mos and with my first daughter I was in my pre pregnancy jeans with in 3 weeks, here I am now 7 mos post parum and still have 10 LBS to lose, don't really know how to explain it , but I always weight my self every week on the same day first thing in the morning before I have had anyting to drink or eat, then your getting a more accurate reading , also counting calories is key !! I eat really healthy and organic, so I was like "it's healthy I can eat as much as I want" well no I can't !! lol
    counting calories and doing lots of cardio will burn fat. but you need to keep strength training too as the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn .. kind of a catch 22 !! lol

if it was easy we'd all be thin !!
    good luck
    :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, just have to keep working out and I guess as with the other babies, the weight will come off once I stop nursing.
  • GODZKREATION
    Options
    :drinker: MOM, YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT !
    1086310.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods