need to loss 100lbs

Options
Hi I'm Linzee I need to loss 100lbs out more I just got my highest weight ever 302lbs. I need supporters I give up so fast and quick. Please help.

Replies

• Gabyleon6
    Gabyleon6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Linzee I'm Gaby , I give up fast too :D maybe we can support each other !
  • Kk2Aa
    Kk2Aa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey youre in the right place everyone is really supportive on here! I recommend getting the Pump Up app too its really motivational!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • howbigareyou2015
    howbigareyou2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me to the 100 plus lb group. I have 2 disabled children and am battling trauma I am totally rebuilding my life and battling this all alone. I really need support. Sometimes I get shy and afraid so would appreciate meeting others that are needing support and need friends. It seems the only adults I know are treating me or my kids and my dr said I should jist go have gastric surgery and he knows I am alone with 2 kids and I dont want surgery.... I am alone and dealing with stupidity. ...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Work out why you give up and prepare yourself for knowing what to do when it happens again or you will end up repeating past mistakes. Part of the challenge of a successful diet is being able to sustain it for the period it takes to lose all the weight. A rough rule of thimb to give you an idea is 1lb a week so nearly 2 years of sustained steady weight loss.

You should look at getting knowledge so you know what you are doing.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Is a good start

You should spend some time preparing a plan so you know how to take the knwoledge you have learned and put it easily into action. Keep it simple and try to break it down into small parts, sp its more manageable.

You must COMMIT so you have the will to start and finish. You must really want it for whatever reason. Look at the success page for people who have done it. The best supporter you have is yourself and one of the most importnat reasons you have is your health.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide if you want to lose the weight. At 302 lbs., you probably need to lose a lot more than 100 lbs., although this can certainly be your first goal. I will be more than happy to support you, but first, you have to believe in yourself and make the decision to do this. Otherwise, all the support in the world will not help. Just remember that you put this weight on very slowly, and you can take it off a lot faster, but probably not as fast as you would like. It's been six months and I've lost 25 pounds. I started at 169 and am now 144. Since you're a larger weight, you'll lose a bit faster at first if you follow the MFP program. There are many ways you can eat within your target and still feel satisfied without going over. You just have to keep track of it.

For the record, I was always 105 lbs. no matter how much I ate or drank. I quit smoking and boom! my metabolism seemed to disappear, and next think yanno, I was up to 140. I lost 20 pounds just in time for my son's wedding, but then quickly gained it back. Plus nearly another 30 pounds. At the end of December, I decided I didn't want to be like this any more. I've not looked back since. It's a lot of fun discarding "fat fat fat clothes" and fitting into "fat fat" clothes. I'm getting close to fitting into "fat clothes". And just 35 pounds away, hopefully by Christmas, I'll be fitting into a size 6 again and will go on the shopping spree of my life!

Best of luck to you, and if you go more than a couple of weeks without losing a pound, have faith that you will as you body adjusts to the sudden change. It was nearly four weeks before I lost my first pound, but then I lost five pounds the next two weeks. I am now regularly losing nearly a pound a week. Which is a LOT faster than I gained it. You're starting at 302, so it will go faster for you at first. But if nothing happens for two or three weeks, don't give up!

Wishing you the very best in your endeavor!

Sherry
  • phYndingME
    phYndingME Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Linzee! I'm in the same boat! I would love it if we could support each other through this journey! I'll add you as a friend! :)
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Jamie :). I need to lose 125lbs to reach my goal weight. Two years ago I joined myfitnesspal and spent a year losing a little over 90 pounds. Then some personal stuff (well, life) happened and I ate my way back to almost my starting weight. I'm back now and determined to lose the weight and keep it off. I know it can be done. Support systems are definitely what made it possible for me to get that far the first time around. Feel free to add me!
  • iandrew124
    iandrew124 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm on the same boat. I also need to lose 100 lbs so feel free to add me.
  • lisa1995sitka
    lisa1995sitka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100+ pounds and have a difficult time sticking with it. I'm not new to MFP but have never joined a group or had friends on here. Am serious about changing this time and would love to have support. Add me too please.