under net calories

Options
Hi everyone

Just been looking at the reports on here. I have looked at my net calories over the last 30 days, and I more often that not am under my net calories. Should I be hitting my net calories, or is being under what I should be aiming for?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No you should be hitting it

providing you aren't overestimating your exercise burns
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

My exercise burns are based on what MFP state. I ensure m weight is accurate on I if I throws out some crazy figure. I did have a disputed calories burned between MMW and MFP but I went with the lower.

I exercise to enable me to eat more, so if I know that I am likely to eat a higher calorie dinner in the evening it is more an incentive to do extra exercise to make sure I have the calories spare.

But I don't know if I am calculating things right TBH.

I now weigh my food, which I didn't buy into last time I tried this. But now, I am a convert to the scales.
    I just want to make sure I am doing things right this time....
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Lola2248 wrote: »

My exercise burns are based on what MFP state. I ensure m weight is accurate on I if I throws out some crazy figure. I did have a disputed calories burned between MMW and MFP but I went with the lower.

I exercise to enable me to eat more, so if I know that I am likely to eat a higher calorie dinner in the evening it is more an incentive to do extra exercise to make sure I have the calories spare.

But I don't know if I am calculating things right TBH.

I now weigh my food, which I didn't buy into last time I tried this. But now, I am a convert to the scales.
    I just want to make sure I am doing things right this time....

take 50-75% of this figure - MFP database overestimates
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    once you have 6-8 weeks of following this, check how much you're losing on average over what the goal weight loss per week you input and adjust the amount of exercise calories you eat back accordingly
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    once you have 6-8 weeks of following this, check how much you're losing on average over what the goal weight loss per week you input and adjust the amount of exercise calories you eat back accordingly

Ok, thanks :smiley:
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what rabbitjb said - I've seen people claim to be burning 1000+ calories for a few hours of housework. It's crazy random.