supplements

Options
Does anyone drink protein shakes as a meal replacement? If so how long does it curve your hunger. Orher foods do you eat that does have so much fat and sodium

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I don't make protein shakes but I do add a scoop of protein powder to my plain Greek yogurt for lunch. I eat a Quest protein bar for my mid-afternoon snack and it keeps me going until dinner, both by keeping me from getting hungry and providing the energy I need.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    eat protein to curb hunger and fats

don't drink it unless you need more protein in your diet and can't get there through food alone
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love 310 Shake-- low fat, high fiber, low/no sugar (stevia for sweetness), high protein. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla/coconut almond milk and ice for a great snack/meal. It keeps me full, and it gets rid of my chocolate/sweets craving. It is only sold online, but it is the one protein powder that seems to keep me satisfied..
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    eat protein to curb hunger and fats

don't drink it unless you need more protein in your diet and can't get there through food alone

This is why I started adding it to my yogurt. I needed more protein. The bonus is that it makes a nice mousse-like dessert to end my lunch. Right now, I am also adding a handful (OK, 100 g) of strawberries to chocolate protein/yogurt. Yummy!