Ot beat and My Fitness Pal

Good morning fellow Orange Theory Fitness friends! I'd love to connect with other OTF people on here. Also, I've heard that Ot beat is compatible with My Fitness Pal but I can't seem to figure out how to get them to connect and sync. Anybody have advice they can share?
Thanks!

Replies

• Julieson1021
    Julieson1021 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I just started OTF on Monday and loved it! I don't know if the OT beat is compatible or not yet. That would be great if it is though! :)
  • RacingHeart
    RacingHeart Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Julieson1021 - Are you still loving OT? :) Since my last post I keep seeing messaging at OT announcing OTbeat is compatible with Myfitnesspal, yet I have yet to find anybody that knows how to sync the two. After some investigating, I've learned that while they are compatible, it involves a bit of a workaround.

1. First, you need to download the Polar Beat app on your phone
    2. Select 'SETTINGS'
    3. Under the 'GENERAL' menu select 'HR sensor'
    4. Here you will see the 'OTBEAT' option, select 'PAIR'
    5. Open the Myfitnesspal app
    6. Select 'More' to go to the larger menu
    7. Scroll down and select 'Apps & Devices'
    8. Scroll down to the Polar app
    9. Select 'Connect'

Couple things to keep in mind: this requires you to bring your phone to OT with you and start the Polar app so that it may track your workout using Bluetooth. What I ultimately found is it was easier for me to manually enter my calorie burn into Myfitnesspal after class. I'm hoping that one day there will be a true way to sync the two. Perhaps with Under Armour acquiring Myfitnesspal they'll invest in making it compatible with heart rate monitors.

Enjoy OT!
  • ellenhotch
    ellenhotch Posts: 4 Member
    You can always record what you have calorie-wise and time wise under a different app like runkeeper and it will import. I would prefer a direct sync, especially now the OTFBeat app syncs out of studio AND studio workouts in the same news feed. Maybe soon!!!
  • allissabr
    allissabr Posts: 1 Member
    I can't figure out how to use the otfbeat app to save my life! Lol
  • btiplady
    btiplady Posts: 1 Member
    @ellenhotch how are you syncing the out of studio and in studio workouts? I cannot find one place to combine these.