3 months, down 25 lbs, 25/F 5'6

Options
SNLover87
SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
I've been using MFP for about 2 months now, and surprisingly only happened across the message boards here recently. I find other people's progress pics incredibly motivating, so I'm glad to have found another great place to share tips and see progress (I also spend a lot of time over at www.reddit.com/r/loseit).

I started trying to lose weight somewhat randomly back in March, and I can't express how happy I am at the results. I had pretty much given up hope that I'd ever be able to lose weight without being very unhappy, and I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. So I thought I would share my progress here, in hopes that I can return the favor to the people that have motivated me. You guys are awesome!

For anyone who's interested, I came up with my own calorie goal based on research I did online from several different places, MFP's suggestion was a little low for me (after all - maintenance is what it's all about!) and there's some things I refuse to sacrifice on because I know I won't be able to keep up with it without starting to resent everything. I work out 5-6 times a week (Zumba Fitness on the wii has been a lifesaver) and I've changed my calorie intake a couple of times but 1700-1800 is working for me. I'm going for low and slow here...I'm not really interested in dropping the weight in two months, I'm fine waiting (I have concerns on how my tattoos will be affected by a drastic change).

I still have awhile to go, but I couldn't be happier with my progress.

SW: 249
CW: 224
GW: 165

XcX44rc.png

Replies

• lkennaley
    lkennaley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You should be really proud of yourself, keep up the great work girl!!! :)
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great start! I hope the next 25 leave as easily as the first!!
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference. You're looking good girl. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow that's only 25#? you look great! Keep it up!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Awesome progress so far. Keep up the great work!
  • katswt
    katswt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! You look amazing!
  • lilliebpowell
    lilliebpowell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! OM word you are really coming down.
    Thanks for the encouragement to me to keep going.
    I am about 3 weeks into and have lost 5 LBs.

I was struggling with tiredness and low energy until my friends from Church ask me to join them on here.
    I have so much more energy now it is wonderful/

keep up the great work girl!
  • ariana1990
    ariana1990 Posts: 10
    Options
    I can't believe thats only 25lbs! Very motivational. I applaud your dedication, and patience! I'm trying to work on the patience thing:)
  • alaricsmom
    alaricsmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those 25 lbs made a huge difference. I can't wait until I can post my 25 lb pics!! Congrats!
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You go girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Wow! Super
  • shawanamaxwell
    shawanamaxwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful keep up the good work : )
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep it up!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! keep it up!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good girl! You can really see how 25 lbs lost has really changed your body! Keep up the great work! :)
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You've just added to those motivational photos! Very inspiring!
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you look awesome
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You're looking amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!