Can Someone Check My Numbers?

Options
Sarasmaintaining
Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been doing some body-weight strength training off and on since I transitioned into maintenance, but I haven't adjusted my maintenance calories because I've been pretty low key about what I'm doing/not really burning a significant amount of calories. Most recently I've been doing a push-ups challenge. I've also never really focused on macros ratios.

Current stats-
125lbs (this is a bounce due to weekend, was 122lbs on Friday lol)
5ft 6in
36 years old
pretty sedentary, except for the push-ups challenge, and an occasional family walk

I want to switch things up for the summer and I'm looking at starting Nerd Fitness's Beginners Body Weight Circuit, 3 times a week. You complete one whole circuit without taking a break, and work up to doing three circuits consecutively without a break.

What one circuit is:
-20 squats
-20 lunges
-10 dumbbell rows, each arm (using a milk jug filled with sand)
-30 second plank
-30 jumping jacks

I decided to look into macros/calorie adjustments as I begin this. Scooby's calculator, for gain muscle/lose fat, 1-3 hours a week light activity puts my numbers at-
1,832 calories
protein 114g
fat 39g
carbs 249g

Does that look about right? Fat seems a bit low, but I've never done the whole macros thing, so maybe that's right?

Goal: the push-ups challenge really made my abs/back become more defined. I'm looking at continuing with that :)

Replies

• maureen0809
    maureen0809 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A good ratio is carbs 40%, fat 30% and protien 30%. The actual gram count for each will vary based on total calorie intake. I focus on healthy carbs and fats and lean protein.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    A good ratio is carbs 40%, fat 30% and protien 30%. The actual gram count for each will vary based on total calorie intake. I focus on healthy carbs and fats and lean protein.

Scooby's calculator, for gain muscle/lose fat, put me at a macros percentage of
    25% protein
    20% fat
    55% carb