20 pounds in 45 days. On par with myfitnesspal caloric deficit goal.

Options
drewlfitness
drewlfitness Posts: 114 Member
When I stepped on the scale on March 20th, it read a bloated 267 lbs. Today, I weigh 247 lbs.

I set my goal to "lose 2 lbs per week", which came out to around 2100 calories a day. Since this was not many calories and far too easy to exceed, I decided to start working pretty hard about 6-7 days a week, both lifting (heavy), and cardio. According to myfitnesspal's estimated caloric burn for different exercises, I burn between 600-1000 calories a day at the gym.

I would eat back about 75% of calories burned at the gym, in other words I have been consuming about 2700 calories a day on average over the last 45 days.

As for the next 20 lbs, I wouldn't be surprised if the pounds don't come off so easy. Or maybe they will? There are two things at play now, mentally forcing myself to continue, and also my body's physical adaptation to my caloric deficit + exercises. I have an internal belief that says the more weight you lose, the more slowly you lose it, but maybe I'm just trying to psych myself out and maybe if I continue on plan, I will continue to lose roughly 2 lbs per week.

The hardest part about the last 45 days has mostly been those days where I am feeling that I am not making progress roughly 3 days a week, feeling heavier or more bloated perhaps than the day before. But luckily the remaining 4 days a week I usually feel the opposite, in that I feel like I am actually making progress, waking up feeling slimmer than the day before. I don't step on the scale every day because of this, otherwise I would probably be posting fluctuations of increases and decreases on a daily basis.

Hopefully the next 20 lbs won't be excruciatingly slower than the first 20 lbs. My biggest fear is that I continue doing the same thing that I've been doing (caloric deficit + gym cardio and weights), but no longer continue to lose weight.

Just wanted to share my story, mainly because of the fact that I have actually lost weight almost exactly according to myfitnesspal's "plan" of 2 lbs per week.

Replies

• MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you're doing great!!! just remember muscle weighs more than fat and to never give up on your dream! keep moving!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Try not to overthink the day-to-day feelz and keep the big picture in mind. This process doesn't feel awesome....Well, probably most of the time, tbh. I've lost almost 65 lbs while most days feeling I'm not doing a very good job at this. But the Times when I realize what I've actually accomplished and am actually able to see progress? Priceless.
  • francesgenao
    francesgenao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success.... keep on working hard, any suggestions?
  • noxxmod
    noxxmod Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's great! Also, to katrinkaMN, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so you and another person who both weigh 200 lbs could look different depending on how much muscle/fat you carry. :smile:
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    katrinkaMN wrote: »
    you're doing great!!! just remember muscle weighs more is more dense and sexy than fat and to never give up on your dream! keep moving!

Fixed

• surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    noxxmod wrote: »
    That's great! Also, to katrinkaMN, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so you and another person who both weigh 200 lbs could look different depending on how much muscle/fat you carry. :smile:

In other words, one cup of muscle weighs more than one cup of fat? ;-)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    noxxmod wrote: »

In other words, one cup of muscle weighs more than one cup of fat? ;-)

Yes, a cup of muscle would weigh more than a cup of fat.
  • drewlfitness
    drewlfitness Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Guess that's why no one can believe I way so much. Lots of muscle ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!