Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I lost 40 pounds in 10 weeks

Pinch me...I am eating right and exercising regularly. We are having a healthy habits challenge at work and it is very motivating. All based on points earned for doing things like eating 3 servings of veggies daily, drinking 64 oz of water and logging your food. So excited and feel like a new person!

Replies

• Jenny_Ren1
    Jenny_Ren1 Posts: 65 Member
    Wow, good for you. That sounds like a lot, though. Any specific advice?
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    I agree it sounds like a lot too fast. However, I am losing about 2-3 pounds per week on average, with a couple of weeks slightly higher. My first week I lost 10 pounds, so it was a headstart. MFP has me on 1200 calories per day. I either walk or ride a stationary bike for 30-45 4 times a week. I have cut out all sweets and junk food, eat healthy carbs and lots of veggies and two servings of fruit. I eat half a portion when I go out to eat - I automatically ask for a box when the food is delivered so I am not tempted to nibble. The work contest is really a help as I am competitive. I have tried to lose before and did not have the mental resolve, which I believe is key. I can sit at a table with chips and salsa and not eat one, same goes for bread. (Which I LOVE!) I am a real fan of sweet and dropped them cold turkey - I have not had anything besides fruit Popsicles or FF pudding in the entire ten weeks. I am simply determined, like never before.
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Wow! really inspiring. I have just started my journey to lose 40lbs...again :embarassed:
    I have been lacking motivation so came in here looking to be inspired. Thanks for sharing!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    That is fantastic!

I don't think that 40lbs in 10 weeks is too much- looking at your ticker it say's that you have over a hundred total to lose.

Keep in mind that with this awesome weight loss now you might experience a long plateau later. Obviously you're doing a great job- keep up the good work.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Great attitude.....sounds like your doing really well

Way to go!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Congratulations and keep up the good work, treat everyday as a new day and leave the bad days behind.
  • Great Job, great attitude! Keep it going!
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    have you got pictures? I would love to see and know what you are doing! :) x
  • PhatDiaries
    PhatDiaries Posts: 7 Member
    Thats awesome keep it up !!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    DANG!!! That is sooooo Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Very nice; I'm really happy for you!
  • Awesome job! That's about how long it took me to lose my 40 pounds also. I'm currently 5 months in & have lost 60 pounds. Keep up the great work, it does get harder but it's so worth it.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    That is so awesome, how wonderful that work is helping you with this.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Did you eat back your calories to keep your net at 1200 after exercise?
  • kstephenson40
    Thanks for all the kind words! I do not eat all my calories back. I never know when I will be able to workout and I end up working out around 8 pm. I don't eat after 9 so I run out of time.
  • kstephenson40
    kelly_40.jpg
  • kstephenson40
    I can not figure out how to delete a post. :angry:
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    wow that is amazing... great job!!! it actually gives me some motivation that I can do this too. keep it up!!
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Thats amazing! Any words of wisdom or advice?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!