another 1 year update

Options
Jerrypeoples
Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
475643_3114650317160_386191353_o_zps4ef2ee15.jpg

One year ago I weighed myself at 294. I had just come back from vacation and seeing my awesome niece graduate high school in California. The group picture of me in the white t-shirt (see picture above) reinforced my mind that if I wanted to play basketball better that I needed to change my ways.

Every year around December I would say this is my year to finally change. I remember this all the way back to 1999 when I thought to myself when I turn 30....

After getting back from California I began logging my meals. Healthy or not. Good or bad. From there I was able to visually see how much a #3 at Burger King was taking up of my caloric intake per day. So I cut out all fast food burger joints (my second and third favorites were Wendys and McDonalds). Sticking to my workout's on a daily basis also helped. After a while the weight started to come off. Sometimes 5-7lbs a week, others 1-2, and still others I was even.

It hasn't been easy as anyone knows and it can be frustrating at times also. Therein lies the biggest change that you can't see. The mental rewiring that I forced upon myself. Everyone notices the physical change but I am sure you can ask anyone who has completely changed the way the eat and exercise that is just the by product of a different mindset.

When people ask me how I did it they expect a plethora of answers, "Oh so you gave up fast food and....", "So you're exercising more and....". There are no miracle drugs or miracle foods that are going to shed 30lbs off in a week. The truth of the matter is I just changed my mind which led me to give up fast food and stick to my workouts.

That is it.

progress_zps5930ad2f.jpg

and here is me last week

922759_10201377055971438_1287192718_n.jpg

Replies

• lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look much happier. :happy:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Thank you for sharing!
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you not only for the pictures, but for the intelligent and helpful comments. I totally appreciate every effort you have made as I have fought the weight battle all my life. I wish you the very best for a long, healthy journey in your life.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! The biggest thing I tell myself is, I didn't get fat overnight so I won't get skinny overnight either.
  • crrector48
    Options
    Totally Awesome!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger! congrats on the loss!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!