Help wanted!

DSpada
DSpada Posts: 39 Member
I'm 3 wks in with nothing to show for it. At 5'4" 217 lbs I'm at 1200 cal, which I am consistently under. Each time I weigh myself, I am only yo-yoing up and down a few lbs. Does anyone suggest using a scale to weigh my food? If so, what tytype/brand do you recommend? Any advice to get things moving in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, as I am starting to get a bit frustrated!

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Using a food scale is necessary for most people. Otherwise, you have no clue how many calories you are eating.

I use a Cuisinart scale and love it.
  • MalcolmMhaonaigh
    MalcolmMhaonaigh Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, Are you excercising? You need to burn off your fat reserves to lose weight. I would advise you to get into a routine and stick to it. Pick a time of day, the same time every day for excercise. The best time to excercise to loose weight is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, only have water. That way your body burns off your fat reserves. Start with just 20min moderate excercise and build up over several weeks to 30 min vigorous excercise. Jogging and then running is a great way to loose weight. Stick with it, don't be tempted to miss a routine. That coupled with a healthy diet will help you loose weight and achieve your goals. Keep a record and reward yourself every so often. You can do it! Good luck! Keep us updated with progress!
  • DSpada
    DSpada Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement. Looking into purchasing a scale and just finished some cardio. Not giving up just yet!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Using a food scale is necessary for most people. Otherwise, you have no clue how many calories you are eating.

I use a Cuisinart scale and love it.

This. Any food scale that's accurate to grams will work. Best ones have zero functions so you can use a measuring cup or plate and just keep adding you food and zero out between ingredients. Remember that most food should be measured or weighed before cooking.