Finished my first week

Options
Pammalla
Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
it is sicking to think of how many calories I was eating every day before I started tracking I think I did well my first week but I need to work on eating less fat and more protein I think

Can some of you checkout my log and tell me how I can improve?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Your log is private.
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sorry I fixed it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'd say weigh your food and get your protein up.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I tried but your diary is closed.
    Without being able to see it,
    Make sure your weighing everything you consume with a food scale. No eyeballing. Everything must be weighed. Then log it accurately on here.
    It's really important to use a food scale to be sure your actually eating at a deficit. Once I tried to eyeball two servings of Cheerios. I rethought it and decided to weigh it out. It was actually closer to four servings instead of thetwo I planned. So that would've been double the calories.
    All you need to do to lose weight is eat at a deficit. So weighing and logging accurately is important for this to work.
    Since I can't see your diary, I have no idea if you've weighed everything or not (but for anyone else reading this that may have been too shy to post their own thread, it's still good info )
    I have my macros set at 40/30/30 but not everyone sets theirs the same. I try to get as close as possible without making my self nuts over it. If your a little short on protein one day, it won't hurt just find ways to get close enough to your goal. Don't get upset if your a little over or under your macro goal, just do your best. Again, I haven't looked at your diary so have no idea where yours stand.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I do have to add, at first I didn't worry about hitting my macros. I strictly worried about staying under my calories for the day. After I got the hang of weighing all my foods and staying under, then I started tracking macros carefully. So it's not so overwhelming, just concern yourself with learning about weighing foods and then after you've mastered that, you can tighten up your Marcos.
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did a quick peek and have 2 observations. First, less red meat, and more chicken or fish. This will adjust your mix away from fat and towards protein. Second, I noticed a fair amount of fried food. Chicken and fish that is baked or grilled. Again this will move you away from fat and towards more protein.

But as others have said, worry less about Macro's when you start and more about the calorie number. Once you have a good regimen about hitting that calorie number, you'll eventually reach a plateau where weight stops coming off. At that point, you should experiment with your Macro mix, not automatically go to lowering calories. I discovered that increasing protein by 5% and reducing Carbs helps me lose faster. I'm sure this will change as my body adjusts, so then I'll need to try something else.

Good luck!